AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Predators Writer Alex Litvak Talks Predators 2 Plans!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 28, 2020, 04:10:17 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Predators Writer Alex Litvak Talks Predators 2 Plans! (Read 20,255 times)

Number13

Quote from: SpaceKase on Aug 30, 2020, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Number13 on Aug 30, 2020, 12:36:52 PM
Quote from: Enjoy on Aug 30, 2020, 05:38:28 AM
Waking up prey from multiple eras At the same time would be fun.
A nazi with a cowboy and a ninja and so forth
Ooh, that's not a bad idea. I love that idea, reminds of a story I had in mind about people from different time periods being forced to fight each other. Though I think that might've been done, I think I saw it somewhere, but it would be an interesting element for Predator.

I think you're referring to Star Trek: The Original Series: Season 3, Episode 22 "The Savage Curtain"
Air date: March 7, 1969
"Aliens force Captain Kirk and First Officer Spock to join forces with beings who appear to be Abraham Lincoln and Surak to battle villains in a contest between good and evil."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXY7DEr3cl8

Never seen the original Star Trek, need to though. I think what I was thinking of was some kind of board game. I have this vague memory of a commercial of a cartoon showing a World War II soldier being teleported before a grenade drops on him and explodes, and a ninja being teleported from his era as well.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Enjoy on Aug 30, 2020, 05:38:28 AM
Waking up prey from multiple eras At the same time would be fun.
A nazi with a cowboy and a ninja and so forth

That would give away the ending twist wouldn't it?

Number13

Number13

Like I said, I had a similar premise, where new people are dropped on the planet and Isabelle tries to help them survive and she lost track fo Royce a long time ago. Then Royce comes out of nowhere, he's still kinda a jerk, he was using them to bait the Predators and Isabelle compares him to Noland which he is really offended by. They later discover there's a fourth Predator on the planet, hunting the Super Predators who has a score to settle with them. He's actually based on the Ghost Predator Neca created. So the characters form an alliance with Ghost, they help him kill the Super Predators, he'll take them home. But there's also a criminal in the group who is a real bad guy, and Isabelle doesn't think he should go back to Earth and they plot against him, but he's onto them and plots against them. Hence the title of my story, "Predators: Enemy of My Enemy."

Master

Soon after watching Predators, I thought about situation where SuperPredator Elder comes to Game Preserve right after Predators(we seen new prey falling from the sky - he is the one dropping them) and realizes trio of his apprentices are dead. He was training them and testing and now is really pissed about the situation. He comes down to Preserve Planet and starts hunt of his own, while being aided by his pets - two Comodo-like big lizard monsters ( I know, I know The Predator had similar but, believe or not, I thought about it in 2010), that are sapient and quite intelligent with natural chameleon-like ability to camouflage. Meanwhile Royce quickly gathers new earth based crew and brings them up to speed with current situation.  He must form a plan to outsmart new Predator and stole his ship as well as keep badly wounded Isabelle save.

Stefano

Hi community!
here is something, that would make the long timspan possible (taken from interstellar).
"The first planet they land on is close to a supermassive black hole, dubbed Gargantuan, whose gravitational pull causes massive waves on the planet that toss their spacecraft about. Its proximity to the black hole also causes an extreme time dilation, where one hour on the distant planet equals 7 years on Earth"

oduodu

some good ideas our there can't wait for the podcast

SpaceKase

Quote from: Stefano on Aug 30, 2020, 07:33:03 PM
Hi community!
here is something, that would make the long timspan possible (taken from interstellar).
"The first planet they land on is close to a supermassive black hole, dubbed Gargantuan, whose gravitational pull causes massive waves on the planet that toss their spacecraft about. Its proximity to the black hole also causes an extreme time dilation, where one hour on the distant planet equals 7 years on Earth"

That's a pretty awesome idea, Stefano. With the exception of Tim Lebbon's Rage War trilogy, most of the franchises stay away from the real world interconnection between Space and Time and the bizarre quantum and time dialative effects of pushing and theoretically traversing the speed of light. Interstellar was a beautiful marriage of drama and science that has put these ideas right back into the public eye. Given the Lovecraftian roots of Alien in particular I would be eager and excited for more exploration of this real science weirdness and how that could play into future stories.

Immortan Jonesy

Sounds way clever than a fake premise before the release of Prometheus, with the creation of life on ancient Earth at the start. Then the crew discovering that LV-223 was actually ancient Earth. The Prometheus had gone through a wormhole following the archaeological clues. Short story, the Engineers transformed Vickers into a protoqueen and David became the goo that the Engineers used to create life on Earth in the beginning. The fanfiction piece ends with Shaw, back on modern Earth, spending the rest of her days in a madhouse. The Space Jockey crashing into LV-426, in prehistoric times, after suffering an accident while chasing Shaw into the wormhole, who was using an Engineer ship to return to modern Earth.

Edit: I know that wormholes are not the same as black holes  😶

KiramidHead

That's okay, Star Trek writers made that mistake several times.

Voodoo Magic

"Super Predators" confirmed!
Hybridization confirmed!

Evades a rock thrown by Hicks

I never had a problem with Predators enhancing their own bodies to get an edge, as long as not all Predators do it (which Shane Black confirmed). We see human competitors do it all the time with steroids and hgh, horse placenta, deer antler spray, urine, etc. And this edge upgrading can be socially lambasted as it is on Earth.

And all these nuggets help support my ol' speculation that Super Predators and the Upgrade is from the same blasphemous clan. Both use single blade guantlets, both use dogs to hunt, both use genetic manipulation, etc  etc.

Interesting to hear Predators taking place in the future from a source other than Shane Black!

Great stuff Hicks & RT!

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 31, 2020, 12:05:02 PM
"Super Predators" confirmed!
Hybridization confirmed!

Evades a rock thrown by Hicks

I never had a problem with Predators enhancing their own bodies to get an edge, as long as not all Predators do it (which Shane Black confirmed). We see human competitors do it all the time with steroids and hgh, horse placenta, deer antler spray, urine, etc. And this edge upgrading can be socially lambasted as it is on Earth.

And all these nuggets help support my ol' speculation that Super Predators and the Upgrade is from the same blasphemous clan. Both use single blade guantlets, both use dogs to hunt, both use genetic manipulation, etc  etc.

Having the mutations come from the same clan is a better outlook.  I did enjoy Predators as a fun slasher film and look forward to seeing what's in store for us with a sequel.  I am even hoping for a Dutch cameo  ;D

Mr.Turok

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 31, 2020, 02:28:14 PM
Having the mutations come from the same clan is a better outlook.  I did enjoy Predators as a fun slasher film and look forward to seeing what's in store for us with a sequel.  I am even hoping for a Dutch cameo  ;D
This made me realize that the casual fans and general public have no idea of the new Dutch lore from Hunting Grounds and how surprised they will be looking at a +300 year old Dutch with Colonial Marines at his side by the end of the movie. They gotta nail explaining that if the producers want to do the future ending.

Which reminds me, what is the extent of his new abilities anyway? I know that his youth in terms of ability but not in appearance has returned and no longer ages. I recall that Dutch even says that he has that and more, so does that mean he is like a Captain America but Predator Hunter?

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 31, 2020, 03:10:28 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 31, 2020, 02:28:14 PM
This made me realize that the casual fans and general public have no idea of the new Dutch lore from Hunting Grounds and how surprised they will be looking at a +300 year old Dutch with Colonial Marines at his side by the end of the movie. They gotta nail explaining that if the producers want to do the future ending.

A little more than a casual fan/general public, just not a gamer  :P

marrerom

I really would have loved to see these ideas be put on the big screen. There were fresh and unexpected. I especially liked how expectations would have been subverted with the time jump 300 years into the future.

Master

I'm not sure this is what I would like. I'm in favour of smaller, slow burning and  more down to earth ( ;D) Predator stories.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed