August/September Update

Started by molasar, Aug 19, 2020, 02:43:03 PM

Author
August/September Update (Read 40,678 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I'm glad with these new updates, its actually fun now being both sides and the Pred count is down between 3-5 minutes! Plus I can finally customize colors for both Jungle and Elder! Just wish they can do something about them crashes.  :-\

Which reminds me.....as I saw this in the datamine thread

Purple shades on a Pred made me think ever seen a Purple Predator? Dat's down right strange, iznit?

No.

Coz tey don't exist..... ::)

*Cloaks away*

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 30, 2020, 01:43:21 AM
I'm glad with these new updates, its actually fun now being both sides and the Pred count is down between 3-5 minutes! Plus I can finally customize colors for both Jungle and Elder! Just wish they can do something about them crashes.  :-\

Which reminds me.....as I saw this in the datamine thread

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/571433623774035971/748934658594701312/unknown.png?width=498&height=677

Purple shades on a Pred made me think ever seen a Purple Predator? Dat's down right strange, iznit?

No.

Coz tey don't exist..... ::)

*Cloaks away*
don't diss my boy he qt

Tichinde

Tichinde

I think they unbalanced it and made FT OP, but at least it's a challenge now 🤷‍♂️

Kailem

Kailem

It's hard to tell, half my Predator matches have crashed before I've had a chance to finish them.

I think this legitimately might be the worst state the game has ever been in, and during a free trial weekend no less. That's some expert-level timing right there.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Not going to lie tho, you are right. Those crashes really is ruining the impression for first timers and overall experience for the regulars.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

My crashes have been few and far between. They shouldn't be happening at all but given the situation of its launch and crossplay maybe being a factor I get it.

I crash every couple of weeks really.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I crash rarely as well. I hardly play as a City Hunter so maybe there's a connection but I'm not experiencing that fortunately.

Quote from: Predboy on Aug 29, 2020, 04:38:35 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Aug 28, 2020, 05:34:09 AM
In an unbelievable turn of events they "fixed" City Hunter's roar; by swapping it out with a different one that's also broken!

His new one is one of the main roars from the AVP PC games, only this time it cuts off halfway through, so not only does it just sound weird but he's also left doing the animation with no sound.

I was surprised to see they replaced the old roar with a worse one. All they had to do was take away the syringe injection sound. I don't understand how anyone listened to that and thought it was a good idea to put it as the new roar. Not only does it sound weak, but like you said, the sound drops dramatically making it sound worse. I was hoping they would try and use the roar city hunter made before getting struck by lightning. Always loved that scene because of it.

This 100 times over!

I mean come on Illfonic. You screw up the City Hunter roar the first time maybe you can claim ignorance. But when you screw up the roar the second time, and your remedy... your fix for the first mistake is a roar that lasts only 30% of the animation, it is just a sloppy effort. It all feels lazy and like someone is not taking any pride in their work. All they had to do is cut off the medical syringe noise of the first roar and soften it up in the beginning and boom - fixed. Instead you replace broke with even more broken.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I suspect it might be a result of how they fixed the roar.

The new roar is shorter but that's simply not an issue for the in-game roar nor is it for the intro and outro when FT is killed. However when FT escaped because all Predators initially had the same roar it's timed to Jungle Hunter and not City Hunter. While City Hunter's fit, the new shortened version doesn't. Basically being a massive oversight. So the outro roar needs to be as long as the healing roar in order for the "Prey escaped" animation to sync up.

I haven't seen it yet but does City Hunter have a different roar when unmasked?

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 30, 2020, 04:20:11 PM
I crash rarely as well. I hardly play as a City Hunter so maybe there's a connection but I'm not experiencing that fortunately.

In an unbelievable turn of events they "fixed" City Hunter's roar; by swapping it out with a different one that's also broken!

His new one is one of the main roars from the AVP PC games, only this time it cuts off halfway through, so not only does it just sound weird but he's also left doing the animation with no sound.

I was surprised to see they replaced the old roar with a worse one. All they had to do was take away the syringe injection sound. I don't understand how anyone listened to that and thought it was a good idea to put it as the new roar. Not only does it sound weak, but like you said, the sound drops dramatically making it sound worse. I was hoping they would try and use the roar city hunter made before getting struck by lightning. Always loved that scene because of it.

This 100 times over!

I mean come on Illfonic. You screw up the City Hunter roar the first time maybe you can claim ignorance. But when you screw up the roar the second time, and your remedy... your fix for the first mistake is a roar that lasts only 30% of the animation, it is just a sloppy effort. It all feels lazy and like someone is not taking any pride in their work. All they had to do is cut off the medical syringe noise of the first roar and soften it up in the beginning and boom - fixed. Instead you replace broke with even more broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Csve-B-E3w

Good lord it's even worse in that scene. Seeing this constant sloppy/lazy work from illfonic keeps me from even considering getting this game one day. I planned on holding out until they finally added the content this game needed on release, but if they can't even get something as simple as this done right, then I think it's time for me to forget about this game.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 30, 2020, 04:20:11 PM

This 100 times over!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Csve-B-E3w

Sad you don't wanna play as city hunter voodoo.  :(

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

They cut off the echo of the roar, its fine rn imo but it def can be better

reaper_bonez

reaper_bonez

The game keeps crashing while still in the menus,  even after system and game updates have been done

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 30, 2020, 07:05:18 PM
Sad you don't wanna play as city hunter voodoo.  :(

Yeah, eventually I'm going to have to just wave the white flag and play him. I have to remind myself at least it's better than Concrete Jungle's City Hunter skin.  :laugh:

#Isurrender

Kradan

Kradan

That one ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed