August/September Update

Started by molasar, Aug 19, 2020, 02:43:03 PM

Author
August/September Update (Read 40,909 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That top mask (can't see the name) looks like the one on Dutch's shoulder?

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 28, 2020, 07:39:12 AMThe roar is from Predator 2, from when he is cauterizing his arm
Also I think some weapons were changed in order thus explaining the switched loadouts

That's it! I knew I'd heard it somewhere in P2, I just couldn't think where. To me it's become synonymous with AVP since it was basically the roar you'd hear over and over again for the Predators.

Still not sure how they managed to mess it up when games from around 20 years ago got it right though.

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Sexual tyrannasuarus

If you can't win a match as predator you should just not play the game. There's no balance at all. I'm done giving hard earned money to this until they add claymore traps or Danny Glover

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

So I think I can safely say that the 2.0 update definitively murdered melee builds. And I hate to say it but as much as I hate dealing with the bow myself, I am seeing its usage. 

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 29, 2020, 01:28:30 AM
So I think I can safely say that the 2.0 update definitively murdered melee builds. And I hate to say it but as much as I hate dealing with the bow myself, I am seeing its usage.

Berserker and Samurai are still fine if you run "fearless" but everyone else yeah. You just have to soften them up now, which kinda sucks because I used to limit myself to not using the plasma caster because it was more fun and challenging that way, but you can't do that with hunter anymore

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Yeah I really liked my Hunter builds but I shifted over to Berserker tonight and kind of got the hang of the bow. Spear throws are pretty good as well. I tried melee though and for the damage I put out it wasn't nearly as good as what the FT could put into me. A single FT member can be a huge problem now thanks to the new guns and weapon changes.

I get Illfonic wanted matches to be longer but killing melee like they did kind of blows. It's just not viable right now.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 29, 2020, 02:49:50 AM
Yeah I really liked my Hunter builds but I shifted over to Berserker tonight and kind of got the hang of the bow. Spear throws are pretty good as well. I tried melee though and for the damage I put out it wasn't nearly as good as what the FT could put into me. A single FT member can be a huge problem now thanks to the new guns and weapon changes.

I get Illfonic wanted matches to be longer but killing melee like they did kind of blows. It's just not viable right now.

I think the problem is that the FT guys are all very upset about getting annihilated, but I don't think they fully realize that a good cohesive team pre patch was more than enough for one predator. It's just when they break up that's problems arise, so they tried to make FT feel more powerful, but I think they shifted the balance to the other side  :-\

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Has anyone else been recieving an error ce-34878-0 after the update?

Darren

Darren

Is anyone having problems with the update it keeps giving me errors

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

PC or PS?

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 28, 2020, 05:34:09 AM
In an unbelievable turn of events they "fixed" City Hunter's roar; by swapping it out with a different one that's also broken!

His new one is one of the main roars from the AVP PC games, only this time it cuts off halfway through, so not only does it just sound weird but he's also left doing the animation with no sound.

I was surprised to see they replaced the old roar with a worse one. All they had to do was take away the syringe injection sound. I don't understand how anyone listened to that and thought it was a good idea to put it as the new roar. Not only does it sound weak, but like you said, the sound drops dramatically making it sound worse. I was hoping they would try and use the roar city hunter made before getting struck by lightning. Always loved that scene because of it.

Enjoy

Enjoy

It would be nice if when playing as predator you could create a 1st person view for zooming and scoping out from a distance with the bio mask. And being able to lean out from a tree while shooting  so the predator could fight while taking partial cover.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Funny Idea I thought I should toss out there. When the FT takes off the biomask how about I permanently get infrared, kindof a pet-peeve but since I'm an unmasked yautja based off of P2 should I not still see in the infared spectrum? Also, it's too damn hard to find the FT without any sort of Infared when they take off the mask  :-[

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

One idea I tossed out was Predator retaining infrared but in the state Jungle Hunter had it. So toggling it loses the tracking information and alters the colors. So Predator players can still track to a degree but not nearly as effectively. For game-play purposes though I think it's ultimately fine how they handled it.

Weird though that Predator continuity is pretty inconsistent with how they see between Jungle and City Hunters as well as bits from Neca. They also weirdly can color coordinate which you'd think they couldn't given the spectrum they see the world in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed