August/September Update

Started by molasar, Aug 19, 2020, 02:43:03 PM

Author
August/September Update (Read 39,363 times)

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 30, 2020, 06:09:00 AM

The new missions I've encountered on it have been cool too, but it's a bit disappointing to see that the majority of them seem to be straight-up recycled from the other maps. Literally all the same voice lines and objectives, just on this new map. Considering we've never had any duplicate missions until now, that kinda sucks (especially when the vast majority of them are just variations on "go here, hold square, hold out for three waves of enemies" as it is).

I was bummed about this too when I was running through some pub matches on the new map. Figured Illfonic would have put together some new missions (across all maps would have been great) but nope. It would be interesting to know how many folks the studio still has engaged on the game and how many have moved onto their next game.

I also enjoy the new mode but only sparingly, imo. Hunt mode is still the best in my mind - some of the perk changes are a welcome sight as well.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

It looks like both on the sub reddit and illfonic forums, nobody is happy with the new mode and that just only one map. People were hoping for more interesting gameplay and maps, rather instead we get more glitches like drop in frames, the key button to become Predator in Clash mode does not respond, the fact that its a capture the flag with only still 4 players on each side with the possibility of becoming one Predator, and fundamentally not much change for the game. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing an allied Predator fighting an enemy Predator its pretty fun to witness, only that such battles are rare as either side melts the Pred before the other appears to do a PvsP battle. People, including myself, were hoping for more player inclusivity such as 12 FT vs 3P. Heck, perhaps if it was a 5 vs 5 game, where you got 4 fireteams and one Pred on each side, things would be more interesting, as there is more consistent player flow and action coming in. Perhaps if a more engaging mode came out before this, the fanbase would be a bit more receptive of it, but due to the lack of actual gameplay changes other than DLC skins, people bashed this mode very hard.

People even lament the fact that the new mode is pretty much Call of Duty with a possible chance of Predator, citing the new mode they had back in Ghosts when you have a big amount of kill streak you get to be a Predator. Which is honestly ironic and terribly sad. Its a shame really, I really did expect more from this patch but its just.....flat.

I did like the new map in that its also a large cave area where we get to see more indications of Predator activity in ancient human history but its also overshadowed by the fact that many assets such as missions were copy and pasted in the map, such as the satellite laser mission being an exact same word by word dialogue and gameplay but just a different area. So far, from what I played, we got only one or two new missions but everything else was basically moved over from the previous maps.

Give this patch a 2/5, such a let down honestly.  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've still not had the chance to jump on the new update this week.  :(

Some renders/images up on ArtStation of the new map: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eaxwzX

seattle24

seattle24

Quote from: Facewipes on Oct 01, 2020, 02:35:59 PM
Sadly it is too little, too late. They should have had maps rolling out from the first month instead they were
more interested in nickle and dime'ing people for skins that most people didn't care about as you don't
really see them in gameplay anyway.
I really wanted this game to succeed as much as any fan out there but
I won't be returning as they burned their bridge right at the start by emulating their dated Friday The 13th
approach to content which was already dated at the time.

In hindsight, until this week, the game was functioning on one game mode and three maps. 5 or 6 months. For a £35 game. I'm struggling to think of a worse value game in my entire life. New games for HALF the price offer 10 times more. In the same release window as Predator I purchased Stranded Deep on PSN for £15.99 and the scope and size was way beyond Predator.

I was kinda looking forward to returning to it having left it alone for the last 2 or 3 months but the fan feedback after the latest patch is atrocious.

I mean, they're professional game developers, in the past half year since it was released they could have developed a small city block map with the city hunter Predator. Or even just implemented a small change to the Jungle and done a Predators-style one with 3 player predators and 8 fire team members. It's 2020! That would have been within the realms of achievable wouldn't it?

Aye, I don't know. It probably is far more difficult than I'm implying. However £35 for the most basic of games is now looking like a bit of a rubbish investment.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm really enjoying the new game mode honestly. I've had a blast playing it and it's a nice change of pace. Now if they can only fix those party bugs.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2020, 09:54:46 AM
I've still not had the chance to jump on the new update this week.  :(

Some renders/images up on ArtStation of the new map: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eaxwzX

Take 10 minutes in your own private party at least if you can, and explore that new map. There's some cool stuff in there!

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I love how the new lore within the map tells that been around since 10,000 years ago and even longer, if going with the giant bear skulls buried in the temples. Bears in South America once existed during the Pleistocene era between 1 million to 10,000 years ago and these were known as the South American Short Faced Bear, Arctotherium angustidens. Since there are Predator skulls, I wonder if those were buried there as a sign of respect for the Predators or even trophies of the human warriors who managed to best them? So many wonders, I do say.

Speaking of new things, I would love to see new Predator trophies based on prehistoric ice age times like a sabertooth skull, short faced bear skull, perhaps an obsidian knife from an ancient ice age hunter, or perhaps a broken flint spear? More trophies and accessory options for Predator is always good.

As for Clash, I've been having another go and it isn't that bad, just wish that there were more players as its too few for the gameplay. I'm used to having more thrown in the mixed like COD and other multiplayer FPS. Perks exclusively for Clash would be nice as most of the perks in the game works for Hunt mode.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed