Disney Halting Backlog Physical Media Releases (Including Fox Titles)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Aug 10, 2020, 05:09:31 PM

Author
Disney Halting Backlog Physical Media Releases (Including Fox Titles) (Read 13,033 times)

426Buddy

The smooth motion effect on your TV is what creates the soap opera look, not the resolution. You can turn it off, i never have it on.

Alien looks great in 4k and loses no charm.

BlueMarsalis79

I never properly calibrated my own until a couple of weeks ago, it surprised me the massive difference it makes, especially turning down the colour temperature and sharpness.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 14, 2020, 06:55:32 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 13, 2020, 09:25:20 PM
Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 13, 2020, 05:15:54 PM
This is no loss, Films of a certain age, including the Alien movies, looks bad in that high quality anyway.

Completely kills the movie magic.
This is very not true.

I think it is, The light looks very artifical all of a sudden, the sets looks fake and the alien suit looks more rubery.

Like the film wasn't intended to be shown in that level of detail. I loathe the soap opera effect you see sometimes. I never go higher than DVD format in movies made before 2000.

Film sets and props were built as good back then as they are today. Actually they were often superior back then. Compare for example the Space Jockey prop from Alien that was partially sculpted and painted by Giger himself to the plasticity looking monotone Jockey prop from Prometheus. Or Giger's hand-sculpted and airbrushed Alien eggs to the 3D printed ones from Alien Covenant.

And Blade Runner's sets still blows anything else from today completely out of the water.

Evanus

Yeah if anything, older films look better on 4K than newer films.

bobby brown

I dont think you know what you are talking about.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 14, 2020, 09:04:02 PM
I dont think you know what you are talking about.

Don't make us throw you out the back of a speeding van Bobby.

Spoiler
[close]

bobby brown

Allright, Ill be cool then.

Evanus

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed