Disney Halting Backlog Physical Media Releases (Including Fox Titles)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Aug 10, 2020, 05:09:31 PM

Author
Disney Halting Backlog Physical Media Releases (Including Fox Titles) (Read 12,276 times)

David

Did Predator 4K + blu ray 4 movie collection released in UK (or Europe as a whole) ?

Maybe they will release 4K alien films ( as well as AvPs - I hope ) when the next Alien film hits the theaters.

Evanus

Doesn't seem like Disney's interested in releasing the old titles on 4K. We were lucky to get Alien and all Predator films on time.

And the way it's going right now, I don't see a new Alien film happening anytime soon.

judge death

And here I was hoping to one day get a good release of alien 3 with david fincher at the helm and even right to reshot if needed and fixing the alien effects as some rumors say they did with some private showings fox did, but I guess that wont happen either :(

426Buddy

Yeah I'm not very happy that physical media is dying out.

Sad

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

Haha. I brought mine when it came out so I had it. I don't yet have a 4K TV or player though...

SiL

I'm in the same boat.

Nightmare Asylum

Same. Been purchasing a lot of 4K releases lately, but no 4K player or television yet...

426Buddy

I had to get a new TV last year so I went 4k. This year my Xbox 360 died so I got the Xbox one x. So now I can watch 4k but I only have Alien in that format.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 13, 2020, 05:45:48 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2020/08/12/disney-formally-denies-that-its-ditching-4k-blu-ray-catalog-releases/amp/

4K Blu-Ray sales sagging?

Drop rumour that physical media releases will be halted and then a few days later officially deny it.

Watch 4K Blu-Ray sales spike in the interim.

bobby brown

This is no loss, Films of a certain age, including the Alien movies, looks bad in that high quality anyway.

Completely kills the movie magic.

Evanus

Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 13, 2020, 05:15:54 PM
This is no loss, Films of a certain age, including the Alien movies, looks bad in that high quality anyway.

Completely kills the movie magic.
??? Alien looks superb in higher quality. Most older films were shot on high resolution film anyway, so a proper remaster can do wonders.

I certainly hope the rumour is BS, but we'll see.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: judge death on Aug 12, 2020, 07:56:25 PM
And here I was hoping to one day get a good release of alien 3 with david fincher at the helm and even right to reshot if needed and fixing the alien effects as some rumors say they did with some private showings fox did, but I guess that wont happen either :(

Could always start...
#Alien3FincherCut

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed