User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aliens: Bug Hunt (Co-Op Dice Game From Upper Deck)  (Read 2613 times)

Corporal Hicks
Jun 29, 2020, 07:58:37 AM
Topic on: Jun 29, 2020, 07:58:37 AM
Q
Seen on a couple of retailer websites, but doesn't look like Upper Deck has actually announced anything. Has been around since March, I think, but not really talked about.

One thing is for sure, they are coming and they’ll keep coming — complete the mission and evacuate the complex, because these Xenomorphs converging from every direction are heartless, smart, relentless and hungry. Every role is critical as players rely on each other to cover their six and make it out alive. Private Hudson might ask if this is a stand up fight or just another bug hunt; the real question is who’s hunting who? This is Aliens: Bug Hunt!

Features

Player as your favorite characters from the popular movie Aliens!
    Action-packed, Co-Op die rolling combat game for 1 to 4 players
    Each character has its own unique ability, enhancing their fighting characteristics.
    Players must work together with other players to fight the terrifying Xenomorphs!
    Battle the Xenomorphs in the infested complex which is made up of 30 different location tiles.
    30 custom dice are included
    Custom trays within the box for easy set up and tear down!
    The rules are covered by 4 full color player dossiers making the game easy to learn and getting the players into the action quickly!

Get together to spend time playing some fun board game! Whether you like family board games, strategy games, deck building games or you go for classic games, Foundry Game Room has all of them for you in one place. Select the best board game from our collection, find your favorite one and discover more new board games. Check out our list here and roll a dice on a new game to play!

https://www.foundrygameroom.com/products/aliens-bug-hunt-board-game

Machiko Naguchi
Jul 10, 2020, 05:01:10 PM
Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2020, 05:01:10 PM
Q
Looks amazing! I am in for sure since games, books and trading cards are my main interest in AvP collecting  ;D

Corporal Hicks
Jul 10, 2020, 06:23:19 PM
Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2020, 06:23:19 PM
Q
I've pre-ordered it, but honestly not really sure what to expect. Upper Deck does make some use out of the license, but I wish they'd do a better job of marketing and distributing their stuff.

SiL
Jul 12, 2020, 06:54:59 AM
Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2020, 06:54:59 AM
Q
I saw this for pre-order and confused it for Glorious Day in the Corp. I'll have another look now.

Machiko Naguchi
Jul 13, 2020, 05:02:59 PM
Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2020, 05:02:59 PM
Q
I've pre-ordered it, but honestly not really sure what to expect. Upper Deck does make some use out of the license, but I wish they'd do a better job of marketing and distributing their stuff.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Compared to most of the life of the A & P series, the last five years have had a ton of stuff as far as games and trading cards if you think about it. There has been the Legendary Encounters game/expansion, the VS game, CLUE, Yahtzee, the Prodos Minis game, the Alien RPG, the Glorious Day in the Corps game, this dice game, and several trading card sets. While not all are from Upper Deck, it seems most of them could have been handled better as far as marketing and distribution. But at least there is a lot of new and varied content so I guess we will just have to deal with the frustrations  ::)

Machiko Naguchi
Sep 09, 2020, 06:53:48 PM
Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2020, 06:53:48 PM
Q
Here is a video from the recent Gen Con online that is posted over at BoardGameGeek site: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/279498/aliens-bug-hunt/aliens-bug-hunt-game-preview-gen-con-online-2020

It shows a little bit of gameplay and some commentary from a few guys at Upper Deck. Looks like it could be an interesting take on the franchise. A little bit of simpler/shorter type of tabletop style than the Prodos minis game which would be better for me and my players  ;D

Corporal Hicks
Sep 30, 2020, 05:02:21 PM
Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2020, 05:02:21 PM
Q

Finding out about my copy tomorrow.

« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2020, 07:12:23 PM by Corporal Hicks »

Corporal Hicks
Oct 02, 2020, 07:38:12 AM
Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2020, 07:38:12 AM
Q

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed