Neca Deacon figure

Started by bobcunk, Jun 11, 2020, 10:39:24 PM

Author
Neca Deacon figure (Read 1,926 times)

bobcunk

bobcunk

Is the Deacon alien figure from neca rare? I never saw it in stores at the time and there are hardly any forsake online and the ones that are are, are $100s. Why is this? I hope neca makes a new better one eventually.

dHunter333

dHunter333

It is rare and expensive now. Neca will more than likely NEVER make a better version. They made it pretty clear that their Prometheus stuff did not sell very well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Prometheus stuff in general is quite rare and marked up compared to release. David cost me more than I would have liked to have paid for him a couple of years back, but it was still reasonable compared to the secondary market.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Fortunately I got the entire Prometheus lines when it was released at a decent price but yep, the lines were never a big hit for Neca, that´s why the third wave (originally Shawn, Vickers and Fifield) was replaced by some repaints of the engineers and adding insult to the injury the last two movies of the alien franchise weren´t precisely a box office, in particular Covenant, therefore the chances to see a rerelase of the Prometheus line or some "ultimate" model are zero. :-[ :-\ :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Didn't they release that third wave in the run-up to Covenant, though?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

There does look like they had another wave leading up to Covenant. They did do a Kenner style Neomorph and just from a glance over on Amazon they're reasonably priced even if I personally feel it could be a bit lower.

Covenant might've done a bit better to justify having the Neomorph figures but yeah I don't think overall the prequels did what really anybody was hoping for.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 16, 2020, 02:35:43 PM
There does look like they had another wave leading up to Covenant. They did do a Kenner style Neomorph and just from a glance over on Amazon they're reasonably priced even if I personally feel it could be a bit lower.

Covenant might've done a bit better to justify having the Neomorph figures but yeah I don't think overall the prequels did what really anybody was hoping for.
The Kenner style Neomorph isn't rare and only came out a few months ago, And I still se that at stores for around $20. I when Prometheus came out I saw alot of the first wave toys but never wave 2 with the deacon, But then again I wasn't looking for it and am judging only from what what I saw at Sunrise records and Big b comics in Canada.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed