Did you guys know this?

Started by Local Trouble, Mar 21, 2020, 10:27:58 PM

Author
Did you guys know this? (Read 2,013 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Huggs

Huggs

Only kills you if you're worthy?

Not a hard and fast rule with C.H.

SM

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It appears to be a statement.  He even cites the Xenopedia so that should make Cruentus happy.

Are you gonna watch it?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 21, 2020, 10:27:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_k7N7GpT60

Do you take us for casuals?
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 21, 2020, 10:39:51 PM
Only kills you if you're worthy?

Not a hard and fast rule with C.H.

His standards were lower than Anytime's.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

The statement is accurate to a point and is pretty much different in each film. Each Predator has a different amount of honor to them and that means different things to the individual. It's why CH wouldn't kill Leona or the girl in the penthouse but would plow through a train car. He's meant to be a bit more wild but he's meant to show some semblance of standards.
That's a big part of what makes the Predator unique among slasher villains, being that it not only hunts for sport but is very selective. However said selectivity can vary between individuals. Seeing as there are no returning hunters between films it means that each Predator can have a different set of "rules" outside of the broad-strokes of the character.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 22, 2020, 01:56:34 AM
Do you take us for casuals?

Filthy.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 21, 2020, 10:57:57 PM
It appears to be a statement.  He even cites the Xenopedia so that should make Cruentus happy.

Are you gonna watch it?

Indeed it does, it just shows how simple it is to give credit, there is no excuse for videos to avoid giving credit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He tends to do a lot of Alien and Predator video like this.  Not sure if he cited Xenopedia in the others, but at least he does now.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 22, 2020, 02:40:18 AM
The statement is accurate to a point and is pretty much different in each film. Each Predator has a different amount of honor to them and that means different things to the individual. It's why CH wouldn't kill Leona or the girl in the penthouse but would plow through a train car. He's meant to be a bit more wild but he's meant to show some semblance of standards.
That's a big part of what makes the Predator unique among slasher villains, being that it not only hunts for sport but is very selective. However said selectivity can vary between individuals. Seeing as there are no returning hunters between films it means that each Predator can have a different set of "rules" outside of the broad-strokes of the character.

It makes me wonder if, Bad Bloods or not, the chief nemesis (nemeses?) in Predators also had similar standards for their prey. Not sure how formidable the other creatures were that were brought to the preserve, but the humans seemed relatively formidable....at least from a distance  ???

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I feel like the Super Predators probably had some level of standards. Beyond the blood feud we know at least Falconer humored the sword duel.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I know that the Predator was originally going to have orange blood.

Kradan

Kradan

Random. I like it.

I know that originally Predator was going tp be Van Damme running around in chicken suit.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Van Damme left because the original suit was uncomfortable and hard to breath through. He like everyone else thought the suit looked dumb.

The Old One

The Old One

I definitely did know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed