Good Minis for Alien RPG characters?

Started by Thunderjack88, Mar 01, 2020, 11:04:05 AM

Author
Good Minis for Alien RPG characters? (Read 2,333 times)

Thunderjack88

Hi all,

After Prodos losing the rights my group and I stopped playing The Hunt Begins and now bar the clear Smart disc hunter we have no AvP minatures,  but we have jumped into playing Alien RPG and have large enough maps that we can use 28mm minature to rep characters once we finish our cinematic game.

I'm of course aware of Prodos games range which is limited so I ask is anyone aware of a good range(s) for 28mmish minatures that look like they belong in the Alien universe?

Currently my proposed character is an ex marine with a crude bionic arm.

Thanks!
-TJ88

The Kurgan

For Marines I think you can't get much better then the Prodos marines. Maybe some heads from third party manufacturers to represent different characters. Should be possible to get a set or two on ebay for reasonable prices with some patience.

There was a Terminator miniatures game. The Resistance minis could be useful I think. You can also use some heads and weapons with the Prodos Marines. And of course a T 800 arm for the crude bionic arm. I think they also had civilian and scientist guys in their range.

Thunderjack88

Thunderjack88

I agree if Prodos had more in their range I'd go with just them but their civilians are lacking.

Not a bad shout a bit lacking in variety but they do fit the theme.

A friend has recommended the Judge Dredd miniatures and Knight minis Batman henchmen but still not sure. Necromunda has some okay fitting mini6but at this rate clear green tokens with names might just end up being better.

I'll keep your suggestions in mind and keep looking for a bit.

Thanks.
-TJ88

Vers

Vers

Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps!

Relase date is tba due to licensing with Disney. I plan on getting these minis for Nemesis.

Minis will include:

Warrior Aliens
All of the Colonial Marines (minus Ferro, Spunkmeyer)
Newt (Yes, you'll get Newt in first print)
Alien Queen
Ripley in Powerloader

Check out Gale Force Nine's Facebook for pics that were released today.

Thunderjack88

I had originally looked at these but alas waiting in that release window.
Will pick up for a custom Aliens based cinematic scenario.

I came up with a whole game sheet based off of this awesome Alien Meeple
https://www.shapeways.com/product/2GEJ57WAP/stalker-alien-meeple
Plan was to get a local company to laser cut a sheet with all Alien species I had drawn out and a sheet with objectives and humans for all other bits. More cute than thrilling but almost my pick.

Now we are onto our custom campaign starting Monday me and 'Mother' have devised something more in line with a Alien computer map layout with icons (once done I will share in another topic showing how and why we chose a magnetic based system).

Thanks for the suggestions although mines been made hopefully others have good ideas for theirs or more good suggestions!

-TJ88

Thunderjack88

We settled for just these magnetic pieces with a basic paint job in the end, we agreed although detailed miniatures would be great this fits a  better general aesthetic.

-TJ88

The Old One

The Old One

Hero Forge perhaps and Prodos AVP?

[cancerblack]

Reaper Miniatures should be your go to for RPGs. The models are cheap, and look it, but they do every genre. Specifically for a Colonial Marine, the OOP Prodos ones really are your best bet, but that'll be a pain and not at all cost effective if you're the only marine character.

Thunderjack88

Thanks guys, I agree both have got a nice mixed range and Prodos hands down is still currently the best Alien resource just a shame they lost the licence.
-TJ88

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed