Aliem resurrection in universe date...

Started by rabernathi, Nov 13, 2019, 01:50:42 AM

Author
Aliem resurrection in universe date... (Read 1,513 times)

rabernathi

Hi everyone, sorry if this been discused before but i was playing around with the NECA A:R Xenomoroh and while reading the back of the figures package a doubt came...

Why was Alien Resurrection ser 200 years post Alien 3?...

Was it ever explained?... or is just one of those thing one just accept?.

I started wondering, maybe it took 200 years for military to succesfully clone Ripley with the queen or they took an old WY project and bring it back to life after 200 years?...

Im really wondering, or maybe director tought it would be a nice thing to explore future even further?...

SM

SM

I think they wanted to kick start a new trilogy that was different to what Giler and Hill had done.  An Alien 5 was on the cards to follow on from Resurrection early on, but when the box office went south it got canned.

The 200 year gap and Ripley being the only viable source of the Aliens honours the sacrifice in Alien 3.

rabernathi

Interesting...hum, well i think that answers my question  :P thanks!!

PsyKore

Could've been great if they just didn't make it so goofy at times. I do like the basic concepts of Resurrection.

rabernathi

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 14, 2019, 01:00:04 AM
Could've been great if they just didn't make it so goofy at times. I do like the basic concepts of Resurrection.
Feel the same!!, i think it hs this great ideas and concepts but the way the pulled them
Off some times is a little bit of track.

The Old One

The Old One

Resurrection was doomed the second it was decided it was a good idea to bring Ripley back.

Local Trouble

I like it better when you shit on AR for the garbage-tier disaster that it is.  Please continue.

Xenomrph

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 14, 2019, 01:00:04 AM
Agreed. There's a whole bunch of individual positive elements floating around in the movie but it just doesn't gel together.

The Old One

The Old One

And it's premise is garbage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed