AVP2 PC keeps crashing on Windows 10 PC

Started by GeneralHiggs, Nov 01, 2019, 09:41:25 PM

Author
AVP2 PC keeps crashing on Windows 10 PC (Read 10,105 times)

GeneralHiggs

AVP2 on PC is the only game that will not stop crashing on my Windows 10 PC. I have installed from a physical copy and no luck, would someone please help me?

KingKenny

Corporal Hicks

I used to have that issue. The All-in-One works perfectly fine for me, though.

Canniballistic

Quote from: KingKenny on Nov 02, 2019, 07:10:37 PM
Try this guide I wrote: https://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1538797059

I'm having a similar issue.

Tried the guide and got it to work as far as the menu before I closed the game, the issue being that I needed to change the name of the .exe, but after that first load it stopped working again and not even a clean uninstall and following the same steps will get it to work.

help?

The Old One

The Old One

Do a fresh installation with the All-in-one Edition and follow the instructions exactly, then go to the AVP2.exe, AVP2Server.exe and Lithtech.exe, right click, properties, set them all to Windows 98/Me Compatibility, go to change DPI settings, at the bottom there's a drop-down, click application override.

Now go install the Master Server Patch 2.4, once you've done that, create a AVP2.exe Application Shortcut and place it on your desktop, open the application, do not touch "Standalone Server" or "Display" "Settings" is there for using modifications if you wish but press "Play" and select High Detail. When you reach the Main Menu, go into settings, display and choose your aspect ratio and resolution, it's normal as a result of this that the menus become small in the middle of the screen if you've got a high resolution, I also recommend turning V-Sync off. If you want to change your resolution again and something goes wrong and the program no longer displays correctly or as you wish it to, the easiest option is to just reinstall the Master Server Patch.

For Primal Hunt everything else is identical except for one aspect, no Master Server Patch so- you'll be required to manually open up your config.cfg with notepad go and find the settings:

SCREENWIDTH
GameScreenHeight
SCREENHEIGHT
GameScreenWidth

Then change them to your screen's resolution.
Done.

I also recommend changing your Shortcut names to something more classy like "Monolith's AVP" and "Primal Hunt" and changing the icon to a higher resolution one that best represents the story, my choice is a circular W-Y logo. If you're looking for modifications I recommend the "2007 Texture Pack" for AVP2 on ModDB, "Drydock" Alien Drone for AVP2 on AVP Unknown, "Movie Runner" on GameFront for AVP2 and Primal Hunt, "AVP Evolution" Alien Warrior for Primal Hunt on ModDB, and finally "Movie Cloak Effect" for Primal Hunt on GameFront.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed