User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alien: Infiltrator - Weston Osche  (Read 3516 times)

Fiendishly Inventive
Nov 12, 2019, 02:00:36 PM
Reply #30 on: Nov 12, 2019, 02:00:36 PM
Q
I recommend:
Alien - The Cold Forge
Aliens - Dead Orbit
Aliens - Dust to Dust
Alien - Echo

(& The Predator - Hunters and Hunted is really good but unfortunately it's attached to a trash film.)

I don't know anything about:
Alien - Prototype
Alien - Phalanx
Alien - Infiltrator

The rest ranges from unfulfilling and mediocre to absolute garbage not worth your time. Particularly amongst the last one is Fire and Stone, Life and Death, The Rage War, OotS, RoP and SoS.

Isolation isn't worth much if you've experienced the original, The Predator is just as quality as the film, Covenant Origins is totally white bread and Defiance unfortunately has a meh ending, & a string of meh sequels.

And the unproduced screenplay is messy and doesn't fulfil it's full potential, and isn't nearly as good as the film we got.

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2019, 02:20:16 PM by Fiendishly Inventive »

Still Collating...
Nov 12, 2019, 03:15:32 PM
Reply #31 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:15:32 PM
Q
The Rage War trilogy is really fun, loved it, Cold Forge is fantastic, Alien Echo is surprisingly great IMO, Alien Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrows are also good, if you find Bug Hunt on a discount, half of its stories are fun and interesting and If It Bleeds is really good as far as the Predator side of things.

Fiendishly Inventive
Nov 12, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
Reply #32 on: Nov 12, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
Q
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Stop liking things I don't like.

But seriously, if something doesn't hold the believability the first three Alien films do, for me it's immediately out.

Corporal Hicks
Nov 12, 2019, 08:39:21 PM
Reply #33 on: Nov 12, 2019, 08:39:21 PM
Q
The only things I haven't liked have been Bug Hunt as a whole (despite having a handful of really good entries) and Isolation. The first Titan trilogy ended up being good, in spite of some mandated issues that detracted. Rage Wars was super fun. Completely different feel to the novels. Found that a huge breath of fresh air. The Cold Forge cannot be praised enough and I do feel pretty bad for every author who follows him as it's a very high bar! Echo I ended up very much enjoying. We're talking generally 7 out of 10s for me. 

On the Predator side, If It Bleeds I can't recommend enough. And Hunters and Hunted was also fantastic, despite some little issues and being tied to The Predator. It's a far better experience than the films.

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2019, 08:23:26 AM by Corporal Hicks »

TYRANTKINGALIEN
Nov 14, 2019, 05:38:52 PM
Reply #34 on: Nov 14, 2019, 05:38:52 PM
Q
Wow, just wow.
Thank you all so much, I've got to write all these down now.
Thanks you all for the info, I might just print this whole string of comments out.
Best community I've been in for avp.
THANKS A MILLION for the info and list of comics and books.

SM
Nov 14, 2019, 07:21:28 PM
Reply #35 on: Nov 14, 2019, 07:21:28 PM
Q
You're quite welcome.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed