Ultimate Predator

Started by happypred, Oct 06, 2019, 05:56:02 PM

Author
Ultimate Predator (Read 5,936 times)

happypred

happypred

So is it canonically confirmed that the ultimate predator is some sort of artificial upgrade...or is he just the predator equivalent of The Mountain That Rides (ridiculously big and strong even by predator standards)?

Kailem

Kailem

I'd say the fact that his vision includes a HUD without him actually wearing a mask makes it pretty explicit that he's been artificially upgraded.

happypred

happypred

That could be a cybernetic implant though, along with his "steel skin" ability?

I was just wondering whether his gigantic size and strength are also results of upgrading

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Near as I understand, the Assassin is still meant to be a mutant even if the studio ditched the others.

Predators on average are roughly 7 feet tall. Some are larger, few are shorter, but on average the Predators are 7 feet tall barring some exceptions. The Assassin is 11 feet tall and if I recall correctly I don't believe any other is that big. Predators can get pretty large but 11 is definitely the biggest. However height doesn't necessarily mean it's a mutant (in terms of genetic augmentation). It could be a case of it suffering from a bad case of gigantism which isn't out of the question seeing as it happens in Humans. As well since Predators are far sturdier than us, they might be able to take it since they already can get pretty big.

No Predator to my knowledge though possess digitgrade legs.

The exoskeleton is also new. They do possess osteoderms so this wouldn't entirely be unheard of for them to have a natural body armor. However the Assassin can form this at will so this is definitely some sort of upgrade.

The vision is also a dead giveaway since it shows a HUD and his vision is filtered to which a Predators natural vision is exceedingly less. I'd imagine that outside of visual and audio sensors that the helmet is worn for protection but since the Assassin in combat is built like a brick shithouse, I'd imagine it's just one more thing to carry.

In terms of strength, the only other cinematic Predator battle is in Predators and they already butcher humans and the Classic Predator was likely weak from being strung up. He still put up a fight though so I'd assume the Assassin utterly crushing Fugitive is meant to be that he is physically stronger even if other feats are accomplished by other Predators.

Though at the end of the day we don't know who is seen on the slab as I don't think the movie makes it clear if its the Assassin, Fugitive, or if it's just another Predator going under the procedure. It does seem to still be meant as a genetic mod.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, the dialogue makes it clear that the Assassin/Upgrade is tinkering with himself. It's not the huge plot point it was going to be originally, but it's still in there.

The Old One

The Old One

It's so muddled nearly everything is unclear.

happypred

happypred

Predators are around 7'6

KPH and Ian Whyte are 7'2 and 7'1 respectively so in the Predator suit they'd be several inches taller. AvP movie info lists Predator height as 7'6

A 10ft or 11ft Predator wouldn't necessarily be suffering from gigantism. It would be like a very tall (e.g. 7'6) human, like a really tall basketball centre

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

First here's the official specs on the Assassin/Upgrade Predator:

S̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶,̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶/̶U̶p̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶P̶r̶e̶d̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶"̶U̶l̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶P̶r̶e̶d̶a̶t̶o̶r̶"̶?̶ ̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶-̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶  Edit:  I just did a google search and answered my own dumb question :)

Third, the dialogue between Quinn and Casey in the trailer suggest/conclude "hybridization", that the new Assassin  Predator is "upgraded

molasar

molasar

What we need now is a fan film with the ultimate Predator hunting Guyvers and Zoanoids.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: molasar on Oct 07, 2019, 02:26:08 PM
What we need now is a fan film with the ultimate Predator hunting Guyvers and Zoanoids.

https://cafart.r.worldssl.net/images/Category_46957/subcat_168956/SXjTRLN0_2802141208361.jpg

f**k yeah. Give me that.

The Old One

The Old One

Scarface is the Ultimate Predator BTW, and the Boss of this City! AHAHAHA!

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: molasar on Oct 07, 2019, 02:26:08 PM

I swear two of those look like gigantic gremlins  :o

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2019, 07:50:12 AM
Yeah, the dialogue makes it clear that the Assassin/Upgrade is tinkering with himself. It's not the huge plot point it was going to be originally, but it's still in there.

Right.  I think the finished product in the script scaled back on the hybridization/genetic modification angle, but enough dialogue/scenes are left in the movie to infer that he is unnatural in form and modified.

The Old One

The Old One

It's nigh indecipherable within the context of the film.

Wysps

Wysps

I haven't re-watched it, but isn't there a scene where one of the Predators is on an operating table, being forcibly juiced up by other Predators? 

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Wysps on Oct 10, 2019, 02:42:14 PM
I haven't re-watched it, but isn't there a scene where one of the Predators is on an operating table, being forcibly juiced up by other Predators?

There is.

The film doesn't make it clear if it's Fugitive, the Assassin or another Predator undergoing the procedure. At the end of they day though it's meant to show that it is something going on with them in creating these Hybrids.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed