Where Exactly Does Predator Take Place?

Started by HuDaFuK, Oct 02, 2019, 08:39:12 PM

Author
Where Exactly Does Predator Take Place? (Read 3,111 times)

HuDaFuK

The general consensus has always been that the film takes place in Val Verde, but at no point in the film or its novelisation is Val Verde mentioned (the novel does mention a similar fictional nation named Conta Mana, but this is where Phillips briefs Dutch at the start of the story; the bulk of the action, as in the film, takes place "over the border").

Isabelle says in Predators that things went down in Guatemala, which is also the location implied (but not outright confirmed) by the Predator novelisation. The novel adaptation of Concrete Jungle, meanwhile, implies Dutch's mission took place in one of two small, adjacent, unnamed republics, seemingly adding weight to the idea that it might be set in Val Verde (with the other unnamed nation perhaps being Conta Mana).

Steven E. de Souza (the writer of Commando who first came up with Val Verde) seems to think Predator takes place there, but as far as I'm aware he was completely uninvolved with the film, and his comments on it seem far from definitive.

So where do Dutch and co. get stalked by the Jungle Hunter?

Voodoo Magic

Per the map in film they get stalked in South America, Brazil. Chapada das Mangabeiras is a mountain range in Brazil

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 02, 2019, 09:19:23 PM
Per the map in film they get stalked in South America, Brazil. Chapada das Mangabeiras is a mountain range in Brazil

So Predator takes place in my country now?  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 02, 2019, 09:21:20 PM

Really? You live there? Cover yourself in mud quick!!  :D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 02, 2019, 09:21:20 PM

O que você prefere:

Ou...

Samhain13

AVP2 para sempre.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 03, 2019, 02:56:58 AM
AVP2 para sempre.

WooHoo! I'm not alone, AVP 2 é bem bacana! ^  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed