Predator - Stalking Shadows by James A Moore

Started by felix, Sep 30, 2019, 03:14:27 AM

Author
Predator - Stalking Shadows by James A Moore (Read 35,160 times)

Corporal Hicks

I quite the sounds of this! I like it tying into Predator 2 like that. Especially after how much I loved Hunters and Hunted, I'm really excited for this one!

Voodoo Magic

Man... sooo seconded, Hicks!  I'm very excited about this, as well as with the notion that we might get a true follow-up to Predator 2 that many have been so desperately craving. Sorry If It Bleeds - Drug War, but you just don't measure up in my book.

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 14, 2019, 08:16:09 AM
I'm excited to know there's a new Predator book coming but seiously : does everything nowadays need a prequel novel ?

You're "excited" yet you're complaining in the same breath? Geez Kradan, what were you like as a kid on your Birthday?  I'm excited about my presents but why did I have to get so many?  :P

Hudafook

Hudafook

Kudos to pic of a pred...with a fanny pack 👽😎

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Hudafook on Oct 14, 2019, 11:09:25 AM
Kudos to pic of a pred...with a fanny pack

Bug spray... check.  Sunscreen... check. ;D

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 14, 2019, 10:49:00 AM
You're "excited" yet you're complaining in the same breath?

I'm not complaining - it just seems to me they do prequel novels for the sake of it, not 'cause game really needs prequel story . But again I'm excited there any new Predator book coming out. They don't do that frequently these days, huh ?

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 14, 2019, 10:49:00 AM
Geez Kradan, what were you like as a kid on your Birthday?  I'm excited about my presents but why did I have to get so many?  :P

:D

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 14, 2019, 11:51:05 AM
Quote from: Hudafook on Oct 14, 2019, 11:09:25 AM
Kudos to pic of a pred...with a fanny pack

Bug spray... check.  Sunscreen... check. ;D

It's totally utilitarian.  I can see it  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

:D

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 14, 2019, 12:10:03 PM
I'm not complaining - it just seems to me they do prequel novels for the sake of it, not 'cause game really needs prequel story . But again I'm excited there any new Predator book coming out. They don't do that frequently these days, huh ?

Well when it's EU, isn't it all technically prequels or sequels?  ;)

But yeah, the IP Holders do love those tie-ins because the fans just eat them up. Not only will we buy the Predator Hunting Grounds game, but we'll buy the prequel novel, new associated pop figures, sugar cereal, and even buy and wear the Hunting Grounds socks too!  ;D

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Synopsis sounds good to me! Can't wait!

Now if Titan will give us two more omnibus with the DH press Predator novels (that I've never read) I'll truly be a happy camper.

SuperiorIronman

I'm excited to know there's a new Predator book coming but seiously : does everything nowadays need a prequel novel ?

Well Predator can go anywhere and given the last film takes place in 2018, even if it wasn't meant to be a tie-in to the game it's still a prequel because it takes place before the last film in the timeline. As well as since the Predators had been arriving for centuries if not more, a lot of stories would fall into the prequel camp inherently.

Samhain13

I just hope I don't see any The Predator references.

Wweyland

Loved Hunters and Hunted so this is great news.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 14, 2019, 07:56:07 PM

Well Predator can go anywhere and given the last film takes place in 2018, even if it wasn't meant to be a tie-in to the game it's still a prequel because it takes place before the last film in the timeline. As well as since the Predators had been arriving for centuries if not more, a lot of stories would fall into the prequel camp inherently.

Hmm. That sounds very wise. I wonder if anyone else mentioned that before in this thread...

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 14, 2019, 02:09:13 PM
Well when it's EU, isn't it all technically prequels or sequels?  ;)

;D

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 14, 2019, 09:19:05 PM
I just hope I don't see any The Predator references.

Considering Stargazer was mentioned in the game's trailer, I fear it might be inevitable.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with Stargazer. It was just another iteration of OWLF. Like most of the aspects of The Predator, it was just in how they handled it. Given Jim also wrote the only real backstory and competent Stargazer we've seen in Hunters and Hunted, I expect we'll see more of them in this too. And I'm fine with that.

HuDaFuK

Predator 2 sequel. Nice.

Still Collating...

This I might be interested in getting. I liked his work in Sea of Sorrows.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed