A post apocalyptic Predator film?

Started by The Shuriken, Sep 15, 2019, 06:00:57 PM

Author
A post apocalyptic Predator film? (Read 3,408 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

This is an idea I've had for a while. Would anyone of you be into the idea of a Predator film that has a post apocalyptic setting with zombies and survivors etc? Like Predator meets Walking Dead. Background lore could show that the Predator race no longer sees Earth as prime hunting grounds due to the fact majority of the population is are just aimless zombies, but one Predator breaks the rules and hunts the survivors, seeming them as worthy prey.

Wysps

Wysps

Maybe not for a film, but I'd see the entertainment value in something like this for a limited series comic or one-shot.  Especially if it wasn't a "zombies" scenario per se, but some virus that makes people strong, violent, and disconnected from reality.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I second that. Just think of the potential preys that await him (Predator) in this hypothetical setting.

Green Post Apocalyptic Earth: For some reason there are almost no humans and the vegetation takes over. Something has accelerated the evolution of animals, So now they look prehistoric, and even alien in some cases.

Toxic Post Apocalyptic Earth: Wasteland landscape, contamination, outbreaks, a great shortage of natural resources, war zones, etc. Oh! and Necromorph-like monsters too.

SuperiorIronman

Predator versus Terminator is an interesting one to me as I can't imagine they'd be happy knowing their favored prey items are going up in nuclear fire. Hell, even knowing there is probably hunters on the ground when the bombs drop and the damage this could do to Earth based shrines and temples would be a massive problem for them.

Huggs

Huggs

Crysis 3 with a predator.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 16, 2019, 01:46:06 AM
Green Post Apocalyptic Earth: For some reason there are almost no humans and the vegetation takes over. Something has accelerated the evolution of animals, So now they look prehistoric, and even alien in some cases.

I really dig this idea. An environment like this would be a playground for Predators. Imagine them dropping in other species to hunt and using our buildings and bridges as obstacles/hiding places/etc., but without the nuisance of people getting in the way.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 16, 2019, 03:01:20 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 16, 2019, 01:46:06 AM

I really dig this idea. An environment like this would be a playground for Predators. Imagine them dropping in other species to hunt and using our buildings and bridges as obstacles/hiding places/etc., but without the nuisance of people getting in the way.

You described it better than me. I believe that modern human ruins may be a fun hunting environment for a predator. Also, I'm with you about the zombies  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Cool idea for a comic or video game for sure! :)

SuperiorIronman

On the note of zombies, I think it would be a fun idea to see as a mainline thing.

Like one happens to be carrying something and it causes an adverse affect on Humans and wildlife. These creatures are completely alien to life on Earth, and might have something that Humanity just isn't prepared for either they bring it with them or it happens while on Earth. So in the case of Zombies we've seen their blood cause odd mutations in Humans with Hunter Borgia. We've also established now that some Predators don't have the same sense of taboo against genetic manipulations. So something might be developing inside them and or the technology that is facilitating these mutations that might have an adverse affect on Humans. It would also further establish as to why this practice is so out of place among their species (and another reason it's critical they dispose of themselves if brought down). It might very well be that it causes unnecessary stress when creating vaccines and kick start the emergence of disease threatening Predators and prey items.

Kind of like the people coming to the Americas where they end up accidentally killing each other and spreading god knows what because both parties are not equipped for certain things.

Now on film it might be explained that the Predators in their time on Earth have accounted for things like this with vaccines and tech to keep the real nasty stuff held back, but not every Predator follows protocol and we've seen the tech advance since even 87. So maybe the humans find a tomb where that sort of thing wasn't available to them yet and get exposed to something. Or that they capture a mutate and in running their tests the tech works through humans and we get a series of mutations. In the case of the humans they get turned into something awful since it's designed for Predators and not humans. This can be seen as painful since Humans don't have the same pain threshold and the mutations aren't working off the same sort of genes,

In a weird way "zombies" could totally be doable in this franchise.

Huntsman

I think I'd prefer video games like Concrete Jungle or comics at the moment. TP really set things back cinematically.

The Shuriken

The idea honestly makes me want to go write a story myself, just for fun.

Frosty Venom

The idea of a Predator film with a cyberpunk setting like Blade Runner or Concrete Jungle excites me most.

razeak

razeak

I second the cyberpunk setting.

Wysps

Wysps

For some reason I've never been able to jive with the cyberpunk idea - it just doesn't seem fitting, unless it was something identical to Concrete Jungle (which, honestly, is more for the story and less for the setting).   

Frosty Venom

The setting plays a very important role in telling the story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed