Your Meeting An Alien or Predator Cast/Crew Member Experience

Started by Number13, Sep 13, 2019, 03:36:17 AM

Author
Your Meeting An Alien or Predator Cast/Crew Member Experience (Read 5,640 times)

Number13

I'm sure this topic exists, but I can't seem to find it. But I wanted to share my meeting Michael Biehn, one of my favorite actors and favorite Alien characters, who came to my state, Arkansas, and county last weekend.

He was so nice, in fact the reason we were in line for two hours was because he took the time to converse with his fans. I told him how outraged I was that he was killed off in Alien3, even though I was more bothered by Newt. But then he said that he was more outraged by Newt dying because he felt saving her was the goal of the last act and her dying in 3 was a slap in the face. Which was awesome because that's exactly how I feel! We took a selfie, he signed my favorite Hicks pic, he signed the fan art to my animated Aliens film which also has Summer Glau who I made my main character of fan trilogy in the image of her, and we did a photo op with me in my Alien costume and him holding my pulse rifle. In fact, this was the first time this convention had photo ops, so they're getting bigger and bigger every year. They also had Kevin Conroy from the Batman cartoons, Sean Astin and Ke Huy Quan from the Goonies, and last year they had Jason Voorhees actor C.J. Graham from Friday the 13th Part 6.

I started this topic because I would like others to share their experience in meeting someone from the Alien and Predator franchise, what it was like, and how much you enjoyed it. I would like to see them. Thank you.

SM

Good one.

I have precisely zero meetings with Alien cast and crew.  They don't get down here very often.

Number13

Quote from: SM on Sep 13, 2019, 03:47:07 AM
Good one.

I have precisely zero meetings with Alien cast and crew.  They don't get down here very often.
Well you never know. I never thought anyone cool would come to Arkansas. But more people are coming every year, a few years ago, the writer of Predator came down here and he was awesome. In fact, you can see the video of his visit to our little state here.

SM

Nah what I meant was they don't often get to this continent.  ;D

razeak

I would like to meet Biehn or Weaver I suppose. I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance. I almost went to convention in PA a few years back, but work interfered. My son was 5 and a huge Aliens fan and wanted to meet Hicks. Too bad.  He was already marching around the house with a bow quiver and toy shotgun telling my friends it was for close encounters at 3 haha. I tweeted that to Jennifer Blanc-Biehn's once. She said he was blown away by that.

He also sang the "If it Bleeds" musical from youtube at that age. My wife wasn't a fan of that the day I taught it too him.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I definitely would like to meet Mark Rolston, Daniel Kash, and Michael Biehn.

Hopefully.

And hopefully Hicks gets Rolston for the podcast.

Wish I could've met Bill Paxton. I love hearing people's stories of meeting him, because he seemed very sweet to his fans.

Xenomrph

I got to meet Lance Henriksen at a screening of 'Aliens', he was a super-cool dude and I got him to sign the android cutaway diagram page of the USCM Tech Manual. He sat there flipping through the book for a minute before he signed it, saying "Holy shit, is this a real book? This is a real book. Holy shit."

bobby brown

bobby brown

I first met Lance Henriksen when I was 14, during a signing at a sci-fi convention here in southern Sweden. he was an absolute gentleman but I was just a kid so we didn't have to much to talk about. I got his autograph and Later I lost it, so I decided to get a new one about 10 years later when he returned to the same convention.

This time we chatted about his pottery and clay work (which he is REALLY into) and about the AVP themed tiles he made with Sideshow a good while ago, (google them, they are really dope) We had a great time and we chatted quite a while and he even got up and shook my girlfriends hands. After that he made me the BEST autograph he probably ever done, "I'm gonna use 3 pens for this one" ;D and he wrote his name, his characters name and a quote from the film, and lastly, my name. It's epic. I truly cherish this moment with Lance. He was awesome. Later he held a really relaxed Q&A and was just a really humble and chill dude. Some folks had brought a baby that started crying and he was like "hey don't worry, I respect your child's needs"

This year I met Michael Bihen, and we chatted about working with James Cameron and the usual stuff. I didn't have a "Moment" with him as I did with Lance, But we still chatted a while and I got to tell him how much I love The Abyss (and his epic moustache) and stuff like that. However, the girl in front of me in the line, He gave the royal treatment. She had a boxed Neca alien queen under her arms and when she left she had tears in her eyes. It was beautiful to see.

I also met with Robert Patrick of Terminator fame at the same convention as Michael this year. But he was a bit of a prick in my book.

The Old One

The Old One

I've never enjoyed the company of any member of any cast. I travelled to try to visit H.R Giger before he died, but such as it is unfortunately I didn't.

Kimarhi

Yall can all meet me one day when I'm famous and make Alien number fifty, Aliens vs Gammeister. 

Samhain13

I will probably meet Arnold if he is still alive by the time I win Arnold Classic. I will ask him to give you guys a shoutout when that happens.

Kimarhi

What kind of accent does a South American have?

We need somebody who speaks english with a unique flair to take over for Arnie in future action movies. 

Samhain13

Samhain13

How does one describe an accent? Haha my accent sounds weird to me. But I think Arnie said people used to think the same about his.

Kimarhi

Man everybody's accents sound crazy.  My accent sounds crazy to everybody not from the south in my own country. 

The Old One

The Old One

I'm from a more moderate part of Northern Ireland myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed