Started by Drukathi, Sep 02, 2019, 10:28:50 AM

Who will win?

Prisoners
4 (11.1%)
Runner
32 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author
Melee rush attack on Runner (Read 9,838 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 02, 2019, 10:28:50 AM
Ok, all prisoners on Fury 161 rush to poor Runner. They grab him and knocked to the ground.

They what? That's not how it works.  :D

Other people just beat and kick a defenseless alien.

That was funny to imagine. I don't think the alien would be bothered by human kicks.

Always I wondered if the crowd of unarmed people can kill the Alien? How do you think - it's possible? Who will win?

Have a crowd of unarmed people ever killed like a tiger or a bear? I like to think the aliens are harder to kill than those. From what was established on movies that wouldn't go well for the humans but maybe Machiko could beat it with judo moves if the writer is into that stuff.

And remember - just melee. Without fittings, sharpenings and the like.

I'm not even sure a Predator could simply bitch slap a Alien to death. Or should anyway. Like Celtic overpowered Grid with melee for a little while but that wasn't enough to injure it.  Well since I think Predators should only be able to hold off an alien attack with melee, humans shouldn't have chance. Maybe like a combat android.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I always took it that a Pred could hang with an Alien in pure power for a few seconds, but that the Alien would eventually overpower them because of its biomechanical nature.

Even the comic preds which had the preds killing aliens in great numbers got many of their kills with burners or lengthy edged weapons.  I think maybe in the novel it is referenced that Dachande killed one with his bare hands but its been so long since I read it I can't even remember if that is true or not. 

Samhain13

Samhain13

Not much into the novel but in the comic Dachande is able to hold one alien down with his hands.

I think I remember hearing on forums something about Dachande being the only Predator to ever kill an alien with bare hands. A group of unharmed Predator might be able to give a beating to one alien, at least that would be enough to subdue and capture it.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 03, 2019, 02:44:41 AM
Other people just beat and kick a defenseless alien.

That was funny to imagine. I don't think the alien would be bothered by human kicks.

lol only if the Alien were a guy in a rubber suit. But in the fictional context, he is pure biomechanical fiber  8)

That said, I only see two possibilities: They break their feet or tickle the Runner  :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The runner would just go full John Wick Alien blender mode on anybody rushing him. 

When it stands its still a 7' tall monster with an armored carapace.  It's probably going to outweigh any 2 guys that rush it.  Not to mention all the stabby weapons.

Just don't see it even probably that the Alien is even knocked over at all. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Someone remember what the weight of an Alien is ??? I bet 200 or 300 kg  :P

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 03, 2019, 03:23:52 AM
Just don't see it even probably that the Alien is even knocked over at all.

It would have to be a very elaborate scenario. But I think it's impossible.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Xenopedia has an alien at least 300+ lbs. Then again I don't think their weight was ever mentioned, maybe in the WYR?

Due to the biomechanical aspect it doesn't look that a weight estimate would be as easy to make as the one of normal organic creature.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm betting at least 400 plus.

Runner might could be significantly lighter given that it doesnt have the dorsal tubes that other Aliens do.

Parker is 6'4" and 250lbs (going by Yaphet's physicals) and is basically immobilized by the Alien.  It is either very strong or pretty hefty. 

Huggs

Huggs

Stompy sounded like he weighed a ton.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Game mechanic. Those heavy steps were needed to alert the player of its presence. On other hand who remembers AVP2's alien pounce ability? On that jump attack they were pretty much flying across the map like they weighed nothing.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Or the AvP aliens who could run something ridiculous like 14 meters per second. 

dave1978

dave1978

Not a chance.  Where would you "grab" a slippery armoured killing machine.  The Alien is immensely strong, perhaps the strength of 10 strong men.  Remember one headbutted through a metal door in Alien's.  Then its exo skeleton comes next,  i dont think being punched / beaten would have any effect at all on an Alien, it would be like punching a giant crab, you would break your own bones trying.  Also blades would have little effect aswell.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 03, 2019, 04:13:16 AM
Game mechanic. Those heavy steps were needed to alert the player of its presence. On other hand who remembers AVP2's alien pounce ability? On that jump attack they were pretty much flying across the map like they weighed nothing.

But going with that ridiculous pounce attack, knowing how often it makes enemies literally explode cause of the high damage, maybe it does weigh a lot so when you get pounced in AVP2, it's like a giant heavy bullet.

razeak

razeak

Judo on an Alien?

I could see, in a very limited set of circumstances, pulling of a judo toss or trip on a Predator (like once).

On an Alien? Yeah, not happening. Ever have a cat go apeshit while you were holding it? You probably couldn't hold it. Now imagine something much larger, stronger, and more ferocious reacting to you grabbing it.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 03, 2019, 12:15:09 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 03, 2019, 04:13:16 AM

But going with that ridiculous pounce attack, knowing how often it makes enemies literally explode cause of the high damage, maybe it does weigh a lot so when you get pounced in AVP2, it's like a giant heavy bullet.

I reckon that pounce attack in the games is inspired from the Runner in A3, when it hits a straight section in the tunnels as it's chasing the prisoners and you see it fly at some poor bastard and then his blood sprays all over the door. It would be like getting hit by a train.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed