Who else is a big fan of Aliens from 1986 besides me?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 24, 2019, 09:52:02 PM

Author
Who else is a big fan of Aliens from 1986 besides me? (Read 10,487 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, I agree.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 03, 2019, 09:41:11 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 29, 2019, 12:14:01 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 28, 2019, 07:15:27 AM
There is an Alien film that features all that.

Yep. I personally think the one was enough.

Yeah, really.

'What the next Jaws movie needs is a shark... and some guys on a boat who want to kill the shark!'  :P

If the shark has lasers attached to its head this time I'm okay with it.

The Old One

The Old One

I do adore it as part of a Trilogy, but I'm appreciative we avoided such an idea's inclusion- so far.

Pvt_Frost

Me, of course!!!!

Though I'm a bit split on Alien and Aliens. Both of them are amazing films, but both very different movies. Alien itself was scary as hell, but Aliens was an awesome action movie.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm a big proponent of everything but the comedy of error, cinematography and ending.

BA79

Aliens is the best sequel to any movie ever...in my opinion. I can watch it over and over. Alien was great, but I don't think it has a single shred of entertainment value like it's sequel. Alien was great for making you lose sleep at night and simply giving you p.t.s.d. It was made to scare the hell out of you and it was perfect for what it was meant.

Aliens is suspenseful but not a nightmare infused horror like Alien. Aliens is a thrill ride you want to get the adrenaline from again and again! Action. Suspense. Sweaty palms. And then you literally want to get on your feet and cheer when you hear that bay door hydraulic hiss and then..."get away from her you b----!!" Awesome!

Alien causes bedwetting and night terrors...but yes, it is also a masterpiece. Just think Aliens was one of the best thrills in movie history.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Once your bed is dry again

Theres even more Alien

Try some Resurrection

Or some Covenann(t) -- arrgh

Elmazalman

Quote from: BA79 on Oct 11, 2019, 05:40:03 AM
Aliens is the best sequel to any movie ever...in my opinion. I can watch it over and over. Alien was great, but I don't think it has a single shred of entertainment value like it's sequel. Alien was great for making you lose sleep at night and simply giving you p.t.s.d. It was made to scare the hell out of you and it was perfect for what it was meant.

Aliens is suspenseful but not a nightmare infused horror like Alien. Aliens is a thrill ride you want to get the adrenaline from again and again! Action. Suspense. Sweaty palms. And then you literally want to get on your feet and cheer when you hear that bay door hydraulic hiss and then..."get away from her you b----!!" Awesome!

Alien causes bedwetting and night terrors...but yes, it is also a masterpiece. Just think Aliens was one of the best thrills in movie history.
ALIEN's entertainment value is in being terrified. I have very fond memories of being just that from the early to mid 80s. ALIENS was also very enjoyable, but didn't quite give me the same buzz ALIEN did.

Agreed, ALIENS is one of the very best sequels ever, and a worthy follow-up to ALIEN. Definitely worth the seven year wait between films.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien is art, and as near perfect as Aliens is I don't see it as such.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 11, 2019, 10:59:23 AM
Alien is art, and as near perfect as Aliens is I don't see it as such.
Agreed.

The Old One

The Old One

I thought you may agree. lol

Gash

Nah. Not the film for me.

Ash 937

Aliens is overrated.  The most hardcore fans generally believe that Alien3 is the real masterpiece of the bunch.

Huggs

Aliens (Special Edition) was the first one I saw, and I loved it. I watched it basically every day for years (no joke). Then I finally saw Alien (Directors Cut), which felt a bit slow at first, but wound up scaring me half to death and quickly became my favorite. Then I saw Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) and fell in love with it. As far as I'm concerned, it's a gothic masterpiece.

Alien still scares me to death, and I do see it as pure art. I still enjoy Alien 3 the most and watch it the most. Aliens is not aging as well for me though. Granted, it's got a lot of good characters, set pieces and some legendary dialogue, but it feels more like T2 and less like Alien to me nowadays. It's more of a roller coaster ride, but I still appreciate it for what it is.

SM

Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 26, 2019, 04:04:49 AM
Aliens is overrated.  The most hardcore fans generally believe that Alien3 is the real masterpiece of the bunch.

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed