Who else is a big fan of Aliens from 1986 besides me?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 24, 2019, 09:52:02 PM

Author
Who else is a big fan of Aliens from 1986 besides me? (Read 10,488 times)

LV-12986

Love it, I don't think there's a better sequel to any franchise......

If there is any, the next alien movie needs needs to feature, colonial marines,pulse rifles,smartguns,apcs,dropships and ships similar to the sulaco........oh and a queen!!

Breaks my heart to think NB's Alien could have featured all this :(

Munkeywrench

I'm a huge fan of Aliens its my all time favorite movie. Its the movie that started my love for the series and Sci-Fi in general back when I was 10. I honestly can't tell you how many times I've watched it since.

dave1978

Best movie ever made, nothing more to be said.

Local Trouble

I thought Highlander won that award.

TheSailingRabbit

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 27, 2019, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 27, 2019, 02:26:57 PM
I thought Predator 2 won that award.

P.S. Voodoo Magic is super smart and charming!

Fixed. :laugh:

Fixed again!

Perfect-Organism

My favorite film of all time.  Bar none.  I lost count of how many times I've seen this.

James Cameron IS the be all and end all of sci-fi films. Nothing quite compares to his work.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Its a 9/10 for me while Alien is a 10/10, but I recognize how much Aliens meant for the series. I see it as the movie that turned it into a franchise, brought it more to the mainstream, established a bigger fanbase and created the EU. We wouldn't have gotten all the games if it weren't for Aliens, AVP in gaming wouldn't exist without the marines. AVP2 wouldn't exist thus AVPGalaxy wouldn't exist.

So even if I prefered the portrayal of the creature in the first movie, I'm glad Aliens existed since it brough way more pros than cons.

Local Trouble

Is it better than Alien 3 though?

Samhain13

Of course Aliens is a 9, Alien 3 Extended Version aka Best Cut is a 7.5.

Perfect-Organism

PsyKore

Easily the most quotable and most fun entry in the saga, while also keeping in tone with the aesthetics and horror of the first. I love this film.

As far as the Aliens being likened too much to insects, to me they feel just like the same Aliens as the first. It's just that we see them here in a different situation. Also, the film isn't presented as much in a brooding creepy fashion like the OG, but the Aliens behaviour is still in line with what the first film brought to the table, with how they use surprise attacks and out-smart their victims, etc.

I flip flop a lot on what my favourite film is, but honestly I think both Alien and Aliens are 10/10. Both of these are Oscar calibre movies.

SM

Quote from: LV-12986 on Aug 26, 2019, 06:35:28 PM
Love it, I don't think there's a better sequel to any franchise......

If there is any, the next alien movie needs needs to feature, colonial marines,pulse rifles,smartguns,apcs,dropships and ships similar to the sulaco........oh and a queen!!

Breaks my heart to think NB's Alien could have featured all this :(

There is an Alien film that features all that.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 27, 2019, 02:26:57 PM
I thought Highlander won that award.

It was shit!

(Kids these days - no appreciation of the classics...)

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Aug 28, 2019, 07:15:27 AM

Yep. I personally think the one was enough.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 29, 2019, 12:14:01 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 28, 2019, 07:15:27 AM

Yep. I personally think the one was enough.

Yeah, really.

'What the next Jaws movie needs is a shark... and some guys on a boat who want to kill the shark!'  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed