19 (55.9%)
#teamsequel
9 (26.5%)
#teamreboot
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2019, 01:36:49 AM

Author
#teamprequel, #teamsequel, or#teamreboot reboot poll (Read 12,584 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 21, 2019, 12:12:39 AM
I can't decide. There's too many choices!

Spoiler
;D #teamstandalone
[close]

You really are
Spoiler
#TeamRabbit'sFanfiction ;D
[close]

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 21, 2019, 12:17:45 AM

Spoiler
;D #teamstandalone
[close]

You really are
Spoiler
[close]

Are you tellin' me I'm trapped within a fictional reality, and subject to the laws of cornbread?

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 21, 2019, 12:20:29 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 21, 2019, 12:17:45 AM

Spoiler
;D #teamstandalone
[close]

You really are
Spoiler
[close]

Are you tellin' me I'm trapped within a fictional reality, and subject to the laws of cornbread?

I guess so.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 21, 2019, 12:06:56 AM
Everything i want is just to know how Scott's gonna conclude his prequels' story. So #teamprequel i guess

Maybe the Fassbenverse starts with Shame, which positions Covenant as the third film in the trilogy  :-X

#teamfassbenverse

Kimarhi

Fassbender is by far the most interesting thing about the prequels. 

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 27, 2019, 02:35:59 AM

I don't know. It's hard to beat the dippy bird.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 27, 2019, 02:41:42 AM

I don't know. It's hard to beat the dippy bird.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/3b6abcc0129ea49adac93d897df79e47/tumblr_osp5ppoPPz1qdewlro1_400.gif

I like the orbital toys.

But the image in my head of Hudson with a dippy bird is too damn funny.

Stitch

I hate how Covenant left things unfinished, so I was a sequel, but I don't really like a lot of the things in Covenant of the direction it seemed to be going so...

Uh

#teamseprequel?

PsyKore

Prequel for me. I loved Covenant. However, I fear the next prequel will feel even more disjointed as Prometheus-to-Covenant feels because of backlash on David creating the Alien. They'll probably completely swing the story another direction... Because the studios want to please everyone!!

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 30, 2019, 11:05:03 AM
Prequel for me. I loved Covenant. However, I fear the next prequel will feel even more disjointed as Prometheus-to-Covenant feels because of backlash on David creating the Alien. They'll probably completely swing the story another direction... Because the studios want to please everyone!!

This is sadly accurate-In trying to please everyone, they'll likely end up displeasing everyone with their well intentioned (if only for the sake of maximizing profit) that their ideas will come across as pretty half baked and forced in for the sake of nostalgia or pleasing.

Personally though, I kinda wish we could see what Neil would've done-Maybe someday he WILL make an Aliens flick...a guy can dream.

Kradan

Cannot agree with that enough

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kenner_Alien_Kaste on Aug 30, 2019, 01:45:46 PM

This is sadly accurate-In trying to please everyone

And that's a bad thing cos? it's a business after all, and even good art has a price. But if an artist has a vision with "philosophical merits", so to speak, which transcends entertainment, why use an I.P dedicated to commercial entertainment ???

You can just make this its own thing, you know  :P

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 30, 2019, 06:48:07 PM

And that's a bad thing cos? it's a business after all, and even good art has a price. But if an artist has a vision with "philosophical merits", so to speak, which transcends entertainment, why use an I.P dedicated to commercial entertainment ???

It's not inherently a bad thing, and I think if anything trying to bring in a philosophical message or an overarching theme back to the franchise would be a good idea (I apologize therein if I gave the wrong intentions or seemed immature). The problem is, business or otherwise, it can be kinda frustrating to see someone throw stuff in at random just to please everyone leaving a disjointed mess of ideas that, while good and possessing their own merits, just kinda don't work the way they were executed because they were thrown in solely for the sake of profit.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kenner_Alien_Kaste on Aug 31, 2019, 02:08:13 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 30, 2019, 06:48:07 PM

It's not inherently a bad thing, and I think if anything trying to bring in a philosophical message or an overarching theme back to the franchise would be a good idea (I apologize therein if I gave the wrong intentions or seemed immature). The problem is, business or otherwise, it can be kinda frustrating to see someone throw stuff in at random just to please everyone leaving a disjointed mess of ideas that, while good and possessing their own merits, just kinda don't work the way they were executed because they were thrown in solely for the sake of profit.

Actually I can't find a flaw in your logic. Maybe I am the one who is missing the point. My only complaint so far is this:

"I apologize therein if I gave the wrong intentions or seemed immature"

Don't apologize!  ;)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 31, 2019, 02:23:32 AM
"I apologize therein if I gave the wrong intentions or seemed immature"

Don't apologize!  ;)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ApologisesALot

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed