19 (55.9%)
#teamsequel
9 (26.5%)
#teamreboot
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2019, 01:36:49 AM

Author
#teamprequel, #teamsequel, or#teamreboot reboot poll (Read 12,583 times)

Kimarhi

We will try this one again without my thoughts on the subject.

Are you in the

#teamprequel camp that want the prequel trilogy/series to continue so that they might be properly wrapped up.  I consider Alien movies directly tied to Prometheus/Covenant to be in this camp, OR characters from these series that might be in movies WITHOUT the Alien to be in this camp.  Let's say if Scott decided to make his AI movie where David is THE big bad but is the villain in a way that does not include control over an Alien horde.

#teamsequel.  Movies post Alien Trilogy or post Resurrection.  There is a huge gap between the two and perhaps infinite time to play with the series post Res.  It seems the least appealing option in discussion, but the time in between 3 and Res would have the world the EU has helped make famous and the universe the fans are most familiar with.   

#teamreboot.  Can be a soft reboot where Alien, Aliens exist and no other films, only Alien etc.  Kind of like the new Halloween OR a hard reboot where the franchise starts over from scratch, hopefully with a more clear vision of where the franchise should go from the onset.   You could have an story and a director hired for multiple movies with a more concise vision of how the story progresses from point a to b without all the differences and inconsistencies you get going from director to director and writer to writer. 

This is merely out of curiosity about where people stand at the moment.  We could be years before anything is decided about the future of the franchise, but it will be interesting to see what we thought looking back in that time frame.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I want an alien movie that is not related to the previous ones but doesn't contradict what was established on the first 3 movies. I don't see the need to directly contradict anything that we saw before, just don't mention it.

Ia that a soft reboot or a sequel?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It could probably go either way.  I'd say if your intent was to reinvigorate the franchise with the idea, then it would be a soft reboot, but if your idea was to continue a plot point from the original AT, then it would be a sequel. 

So if you just started a new series with NO mention of the other events in the AT then a soft reboot, but if you wanted minimal reference (lets say your characters followed the boneship in Alien/Aliens to a jockey homeworld but had no other inferences to the previous movies) then its a sequel because if you wanted you could always bring it back to the AT world. 

SM

#teamstilldon'tmind

TheSailingRabbit

#TeamAliensPrequelStarringHudson

Local Trouble

Soft reboot with SM as the Kevin Feige of it all.

Kimarhi

Immortan Jonesy

The only thing that matters to me is that they make a good Alien movie. I can't care less if it's prequel, sequel, reboot or whatever. So...

#teamdon'tmindaslongtheymakeagoodmovie

Stitch

#teamfinishtheprequelsbutmakethemnotsuck

Nightmare Asylum

One more prequel, and then whatever comes next should be a standalone thing with no direct connection to Ripley or David.

Voodoo Magic

#TeamRequel

Follow through with what Cameron and Sigourney Weaver wants to do and pull the trigger on their Halloween requel.

It just better be good.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 20, 2019, 12:51:19 PM
One more prequel, and then whatever comes next should be a standalone thing with no direct connection to Ripley or David.

In a perfect world...

Evanus

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 20, 2019, 08:46:16 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 20, 2019, 12:51:19 PM

In a perfect world...
In a kind world.  ;)

Kradan

Everything i want is just to know how Scott's gonna conclude his prequels' story. So #teamprequel i guess

Huggs

I can't decide. There's too many choices!

Spoiler
;D #teamstandalone
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed