David's Lab - Last Signs of Life

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Aug 15, 2019, 04:54:57 PM

Author
David's Lab - Last Signs of Life (Read 24,324 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 18, 2019, 06:34:54 AM
Quote from: darkvegett0 on Aug 18, 2019, 03:23:29 AM
https://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/45213&page=1
Right from the houses mouth or ass

That site is a shit hole :-X

I uploaded a video clip where Ridley Scott explains David created the Alien Xenomorph.

Huggs

Huggs

I lack faith in "The Gospel according to Ridley Scott".

Evanus

Evanus

I mean he directed the film so as far as I'm concerned it's the truth.

However, that doesn't mean a future film can't change it.

Local Trouble

Highland

Highland

Gona be the Debbie downbeater. Great that they did this. Yet another idiot in a space suit sent to investigate forgets his brain cells.

Egg scan was cool I guess.

The Old One

The Old One

I won't agree,
but I won't necessarily disagree.
It's just a bit of fun, not serious content.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Highland on Aug 18, 2019, 11:55:21 PM
Gona be the Debbie downbeater. Great that they did this. Yet another idiot in a space suit sent to investigate forgets his brain cells.

"At long last, we shall finally procure a specimen of the xenomorph species. Dispatch Nincompoop 57 for examination and retrieval. Make sure he moves slowly and takes no precautions, as per the employee handbook. If I see anybody doing anything that makes sense, don't bother coming into work tomorrow".

Nightmare Asylum

So do we know anything about who wrote or directed this? I guess it could be directed by Luke Scott since he did the majority of the Prometheus/Covenant virals, but probably not...

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 19, 2019, 12:31:51 AM
I won't agree,
but I won't necessarily disagree.
It's just a bit of fun, not serious content.

If you could bring that kind of attitude to certain aspects of Prometheus which were there somewhat for comedic relief anyway, you would enjoy the film so much more..

The Old One

The Old One

I've difficulty enjoying pretentious garbage. And the issue isn't the "comedic relief" whatever that's supposed to mean, it's everything from the ground up in the script.
The above video is entirely in good fun.
Without a hint of seriousness.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 19, 2019, 12:47:16 AM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 18, 2019, 11:55:21 PM

"At long last, we shall finally procure a specimen of the xenomorph species. Dispatch Nincompoop 57 for examination and retrieval. Make sure he moves slowly and takes no precautions, as per the employee handbook. If I see anybody doing anything that makes sense, don't bother coming into work tomorrow".

#Board room

Ok guys , set the scene, it's Davids Lab

Guys - 'Whoaaa Cool, with all the drawings and stuff and experiments?! Super cool, they went back there! Then What!

#CEO - Get this....He finds an Egg!!

Guys - " cool...I guess.....yeah.....ok...then....."

#CEO - Then he takes his helmet off to scan it!

Guys - # Rubbing forehead

#CEO - AND THEN....the f**king thing jumps on him cut to black!!!

Guys - ....................

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 19, 2019, 01:07:47 AM
So do we know anything about who wrote or directed this? I guess it could be directed by Luke Scott since he did the majority of the Prometheus/Covenant virals, but probably not...

I'm sure it was just done by the marketing team or the fan engagement people.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 18, 2019, 05:57:37 PM
There's a reason why "Ridley Scott says a lot of things" is a well-worn adage.

Quote from: Tatum van Wilson on Aug 17, 2019, 06:38:55 PM
I just absolutely love how Shaw is literally is nowhere to be seen.  ???
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 17, 2019, 07:00:19 PM
Or Walter
I think a lot of people are over-thinking this. This is some people in the special effects department having fun with the cool props they made for David's lab and coming up with a creative way to showcase them some more for people because they're cool and fun to look at. Like, it's right there in the video's description: "To celebrate the two-year anniversary of the Alien: Covenant DVD release, we wanted to share a little fun we had thanks to a partnership with YouTube Space LA, who helped recreate David's Lab from the film's set."

Shaw isn't there because they didn't have access to the Shaw corpse props for whatever reason. Walter isn't there because this is something the effects people threw together for fun, and hiring Michael Fassbender was probably off the table.

Nightmare Asylum

They probably have the physical Shaw prop, but using it would require clearing Noomi Rapace's likeness, which would involve paying her, which would involve spending way more than they did to make this thing.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 19, 2019, 10:29:38 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 18, 2019, 05:57:37 PM
There's a reason why "Ridley Scott says a lot of things" is a well-worn adage.

Quote from: Tatum van Wilson on Aug 17, 2019, 06:38:55 PM
I just absolutely love how Shaw is literally is nowhere to be seen.  ???
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 17, 2019, 07:00:19 PM
Or Walter
I think a lot of people are over-thinking this. This is some people in the special effects department having fun with the cool props they made for David's lab and coming up with a creative way to showcase them some more for people because they're cool and fun to look at. Like, it's right there in the video's description: "To celebrate the two-year anniversary of the Alien: Covenant DVD release, we wanted to share a little fun we had thanks to a partnership with YouTube Space LA, who helped recreate David's Lab from the film's set."

Shaw isn't there because they didn't have access to the Shaw corpse props for whatever reason. Walter isn't there because this is something the effects people threw together for fun, and hiring Michael Fassbender was probably off the table.

It is just a bit of fun. But I can think of about three ideas they could have done that wouldn't have cost any extra money and been more original.

I mean how about you have the guy actually surprise us and catch the hugger "specimen retrieved" , because absolutely everyone knows what's going to happen after the first 2 minutes....and it happens.

No biggie, when you're starving it's good to get a cracker  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed