David's Lab - Last Signs of Life

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Aug 15, 2019, 04:54:57 PM

Author
David's Lab - Last Signs of Life (Read 24,331 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 16, 2019, 09:18:58 PM
Shame about what happened with The Predator. I'm a huge fan of The Nice Guys and Iron Man 3.

Oddly enough I find the real trashfire entries more re-watchable than some of the objectively better ones. I watch em with movies like Alien Factor and the 80's Blob.

Nightmare Asylum

Need to see the 80s Blob. I'm pretty fond of the 50s one. Scream Factory is releasing the 80s one this year so I'm going to blind-buy it.

fer

fer

Cool video I guess it is in order to say. I won't even enter it is about time we see a video about David's laboratory. But I cannot be alone. How many of you have ever thought of the jockeys being some kind of nanobot race, and the chair some sorta species decoder?

HybridNewborn

Quote from: David's Creation on Aug 16, 2019, 12:48:31 PM
Quote from: HybridNewborn on Aug 16, 2019, 07:03:31 AM
Can anyone make out the timestamps on the computer-filming sections? Wanna know where to put this in my timeline

I was just trying to do the same.  Looks to me like:
POST DATE   2039 5/5/17

I assume that 17 is the year, since 2117 would make sense.

I'm not even positive that's a 17 though.  Kinda wondering if they intentionally made it too small to make out so us dorks wouldn't latch onto it.  :P
Ta!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 16, 2019, 09:43:09 PM
Need to see the 80s Blob. I'm pretty fond of the 50s one. Scream Factory is releasing the 80s one this year so I'm going to blind-buy it.
It's f**king glorious. Prepare for some amazing 80s melting people gore.

Kradan

Kradan

It was cool and creepy. Especially loved (at least i assumed so) inside-egg shots. Not sure what i was actually looking at which made even more scary and disturbing.

SM

SM

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Aug 16, 2019, 09:58:06 PM
Quote from: David's Creation on Aug 16, 2019, 12:48:31 PM
Quote from: HybridNewborn on Aug 16, 2019, 07:03:31 AM
Can anyone make out the timestamps on the computer-filming sections? Wanna know where to put this in my timeline

I was just trying to do the same.  Looks to me like:
POST DATE   2039 5/5/17

I assume that 17 is the year, since 2117 would make sense.

I'm not even positive that's a 17 though.  Kinda wondering if they intentionally made it too small to make out so us dorks wouldn't latch onto it.  :P
Ta!

I'm positive it's a 17 but can't make out the rest.  Having too many numbers makes it deliberately ambiguous.  Kinda like that 'galactic position' stuff in Covenant.

Another questionable part was a read-out saying 'Weyland Industries'.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Neat, so many rumors spreading around, waiting for Disney 20th Century Fox to announce something officially before declaring the Alien Predator movies being rebooted.

SM

SM

This harkens back to the last film; not any new films.

New Age Scam Artist

New Age Scam Artist

It's pretty clear cut. David created the xenomorph. Xenomorph isn't the deacon. The deacon existed before, and the engineers knew of it, even worshipped it. Xenomorph has human characteristics that David fused into the pathogen. I imagine the next step is fusing machine qualities into the xenomorph. I'm assuming Awakening was supposed to be David completing the bio-mechanical beast and attempting to fuse himself into it so as to become the devil himself.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, and I wouldn't think much of it's implication honestly.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Aug 16, 2019, 10:08:56 AM
I don't understand why people keep thinking that David did not create the Xeno... 
Aside from it being a dumb idea on multiple levels, there's a good amount of evidence to suggest he didn't invent it.

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Aug 16, 2019, 10:56:34 AM
We may not lile something okay, I have no problem with that.
But I don't understand why they do everything to find another solution. When the film shows something which is not possible otherwise, I don't understand people who absolutely want to change the film and what it shows...
When you really look at the details and context (both in Covenant and in the franchise as a whole) it's not that cut-and-dry; at the risk of derailing the thread, I'd be happy to keep talking with you about it via PMs or something. :)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 16, 2019, 09:18:58 PM
Shame about what happened with The Predator. I'm a huge fan of The Nice Guys and Iron Man 3.
If you like Shane Black, check out 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' and 'The Long Kiss Goodnight'.

Perfect-Organism

Ok, so we have a sign of life...

Huggs

Huggs

(2/5)

BMW M1

BMW M1

It appears that the company wanted to know more about the lab after David's report at the end of Alien:Covenant. Yet again, another careless human who did not know what he was dealing with. He should have at least one Colonial Marine standing nearby to incinerate the egg. Great short film. Directors like these are true artists.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed