Mike Worrall/Vincent Ward's Alien

Started by Kenner_Alien_Kaste, Jul 26, 2019, 01:46:40 PM

Author
Mike Worrall/Vincent Ward's Alien (Read 1,661 times)

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

It should go without saying that I have a lot of admiration for Vincent Ward's draft of Alien 3 (seeing as I reference it frequently and made another thread regarding it) but I especially love his take on the eponymous creature, The Alien. For starters, Mike Worrall's design is fantastic
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3d/5d/a2/3d5da22c46be924ad2191faedd5a2720.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/46/c4/1e46c4cc1e361a5f6c2b9e492fbcb1bd.jpg

I love the look of how sleek and flexible it looks, while still having some bio-mechanical elements and a good mix between something that looks almost human in some aspects-but in others is indeed very, VERY extra-terrestrial. That being said, I also enjoy the concept and abilities behind it-That thanks to the genetic race memory of the Xenomorph Hive Mind, that the Alien has both a sense of revenge and wants to toy with Ripley and the others much like Big Chap did years before, and it does this by blending in with its surroundings like a Chameleon or Cephalopod (which is reflected in its design) as well as using its ability to spew acid and tear prey apart with large fangs and claws.

That, and the idea of an 'alate' or a return to the 'perfect survivor' aspect (which is mentioned in the script as shown below) is pretty nifty, and while I'll admit that having an actual 'King Alien' or the like is pretty unnecessary save for expanded universe stuff, I do think that a 'Disperser Caste' could work very well, and I like the idea of there being a strain of Xenomorph that returns to the roots of the 'Perfect Organism' idea in a new way that can still coincide with Cameron's Idea

QuoteANTHONY
      Or this may be an as yet unseen stage of
      development -- you saw a queen -- This
      could be like a King ant -- more highly
      advanced than the drone, bred for
      survival -?

JOHN
      How does this explain the thing that came
      out of the ewe's chest?  The Abbot's head?

RIPLEY
      Maybe it can deposit different types of
      eggs.  The chest burster is probably
      dormant until the host eats - The first
      one I ever saw came out of Kane after he
      started to eat --

Caste Concept: The Disperser
Description: The creature is much like the Runner/The Dragon from Alien 3-Fast and vicious in that it is born as a protector of the unborn Queen. It kills or webs up any and all threats, before dragging the Queen Embryo Host to the nest and either expiring or, perhaps 'fusing' with the Queen when it grows up to supply her with a lifetime supply of male gametes or become the massive fleshy ovipositor she uses to lay eggs with, like an Anglerfish. This Alien can camouflage it's skin in order to blend into the environment, can spew acid, and basically acts as a hyper carnivorous and intelligent facehugger. Perhaps it can even have a sort of proboscis in place of an inner jaw (those fangs probably get the job done well enough) to implant a second embryo in case the first is destroyed, or to simply help web up victims extra fast.

The Old One

The Old One

You're certainly inventive.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 28, 2019, 02:36:41 AM
You're certainly inventive.

I'll admit this may be overkill, but I like trying to come up with new things-Or at the very least breathe some life into a concept I like a lot (ie The White Xenomorph from the Resurrection draft, different castes of Alien, evolutionary theory, etc). But thank you! At least, I think you mean that in a positive sense

Whiskeybrewer

I love how well thought out this is too.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 29, 2019, 12:39:18 PM
I love how well thought out this is too.

Thank you! The idea was to basically expand on the whole 'Hive' dynamic, and herein introducing the 'Male Drone Ant' hat portion of the Hive in a way that isn't just 'breed with the Queen'. He's basically a bigger, smarter facehugger that leaves the nest to start a new one, either expiring once their job is done or living on as genetic tissue for the Queen to use, fusing to her in a very Gigeresque fashion (albeit not in a way that's overkill, of course). If people are interested, I could try and write some stories with this guy in 'em-might be fun.

The Old One

The Old One

I believe the other forms execute the role regardless, making your hypothetical form unnecessary myself, and redundant.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 30, 2019, 12:48:03 AM
I believe the other forms execute the role regardless, making your hypothetical form unnecessary myself, and redundant.

I know, it's mostly just my silly ideas and such, although I will admit I am a tad fond of this one all things considered, ditto the 'King Alien'. I just like playing around with Morphology and parallels between different animals, Aliens, and Eusocial Insects as a whole.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed