Should the Planet 4 Xenomorph have a Queen or Egg Laying Caste?

Started by Kenner_Alien_Kaste, Jul 23, 2019, 03:52:05 AM

Should the Planet 4 Xenomorph have a Queen or Egg Laying Caste?

Yes, absolutely! All Hail The Queen!
6 (30%)
I think they should but if done well enough they don't need it
1 (5%)
I'm flexible
7 (35%)
I really don't think they need a Queen or Egg Laying caste
2 (10%)
No way! Lets have a new way for them to reproduce
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author
Should the Planet 4 Xenomorph have a Queen or Egg Laying Caste? (Read 10,047 times)

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 08, 2019, 10:46:45 AM
Maybe, maybe not- the presence of the "race" wasn't very extensive but you're probably correct based upon the RPG's presentation of them.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 08, 2019, 01:41:11 PM
Indeed.

Truth be told I'm not sure what to add to this at this point lol-You got any ideas or suggestions regarding the whole idea of 'Eggmorphing' and so on?

The Old One

The Old One

No, honestly.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Also, does it bother anyone else how thin the Protomorph/Planet 4 Xenomorph is? Like, I don't mind the fact that it's lean and I'm not saying it needs to be roided up as the Predalien was, but it just seemed overly feeble and thin, ditto the Neomorph; It's personally why I like Neca's version of the two monsters more, they're still sleek killing machines but not to the point of being skeletal or anorexic that I'm sitting here thinking 'Dear god how do these things even move?'.

(*We should start a campaing-All Alien bodies are beautiful!)

JokersWarPig

It's a scrawny, fleshy, wanna be xenomorph.

SM

QuoteAlso, does it bother anyone else how thin the Protomorph/Planet 4 Xenomorph is?

No.  It's just how Ridley wanted it - and would've done it originally had it been possible.  Why else hire the very tall and very thin Badejo.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

I suppose that's fair-And looking back at it now I realize that the insanely thin version I was looking at was more the concept art than the final version, which still looks like it has a fair bit of muscle to it, and I do like how they wanted to make it look like an Écorché/Anatomical model with all those muscles, very sci-fi horror and looks like it had been born from a lab-If only it had some brains to compliment its brawn.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

I'm aware this is a VERY old thread at this point; But with the reveal the Praetomorph can evolve into the 'Stalker', should there be a precedence to evolve into a Queen? If not, what would it become or how would it survive do you think?

SM

I think it's a game mechanic.

The Old One

The Old One

It's not a further evolution of the Praetomorph though, "Stalker" is just used as slang for it's adult form, the way "Imp" is used as slang for it's juvenile form.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 30, 2020, 08:54:08 PM
It's not a further evolution of the Praetomorph though, "Stalker" is just used as slang for it's adult form, the way "Imp" is used as slang for it's juvenile form.

This is true; It's just the wiki calls it an evolution, for lack of a better term (and I'm guessing the 'Imp' is the smooth headed form whereas the 'Stalker' would be the 'ridge headed' variation of the Praetomorph? Or I could be entirely wrong). And thus far, there isn't any known 'Queen', so how these things survive/proliferate is unknown...unless the RPG book goes into detail on how these things live/survive.

The Old One

The Old One

The Imp is the equivalent of the Chestburster, the Stalker is the equivalent of the Soldier, nearly identical to the film version. "Unlike it's phylogenetic relative P. Praepotens, P. Linesteres does not appear to develop further." So, that's every stage of the Praetomorph covered, so far.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 31, 2020, 01:30:57 AM
The Imp is the equivalent of the Chestburster, the Stalker is the equivalent of the Soldier, nearly identical to the film version. "Unlike it's phylogenetic relative P. Praepotens, P. Linesteres does not appear to develop further." So, that's every stage of the Praetomorph covered, so far.

True, I understand that-But in your opinion, does the Praetomorph (and to a lesser extent, the Neomorph) need a Queen caste like their mainline counterpart?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed