ALIEN Parody Mad Magazine UK & U.S. Cover Art Variance

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jul 16, 2019, 09:37:36 PM

Author
ALIEN Parody Mad Magazine UK & U.S. Cover Art Variance (Read 4,073 times)

Darwinsgirl

Greetings,

I just discovered today that the Mad magazine with the ALIEN Parody have different covers & issue numbers between the US & UK edition. Possibly due to the different release dates of the film or ?

I had never seen the UK version with the Egg & tag line before today. I'm guessing the article is the same in both issues? They are different Month & Issue numbers though. The US is January 1980 issue #212.  The UK is March 1980 issue #215. I wish our US issue had the ALIEN cover. 8) Buying the UK issue is a wee bit more than I want to pay at this time. Else I'd buy it & compare it to the US issue.

Forgive the eBay/Etsy links. I am not skilled in copying photo's.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/MAD-MAGAZINE-215-ALIEN-CHIPS-UK-ISSUE-MAD-COMIC-215-MARCH-1980/333262918445?hash=item4d9804932d:g:rhoAAOSw3A9dJeI8

https://www.etsy.com/listing/586724631/mad-magazine-212-jan-1980-alien-taxi?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_e-books_movies_and_music-books-zines_and_magazines-magazines&utm_custom1=11bb89b5-8a8f-432b-95dc-7aca2948e9d4&utm_content=go_1843970761_75209207492_346429113767_pla-316646169991_c__586724631&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-pnU7qy64wIVUtbACh1ZuAYZEAQYAyABEgLOYfD_BwE

D

Corporal Hicks

Here you go.  :)

And purchased.

Kradan

Darwinsgirl

Corporal Hicks....you make that look so easy. :D

Thank you :)

Elmazalman

I have the US issue. The alternate UK cover is better.

Rambo

Interested to hear if anyone can confirm the contents are the same. Is it just an article? The cartoon in the table of contents makes it seem like a comic (if anyone is able to snap a picture of their copy, thanks).

Darwinsgirl

It's a comic. If I can locate my issue? I'll take a scan. After discovering this. I spent some time looking for other ALIEN parody's. I have the "Cracked" issue with ALIEN & their ALIEN Rez issue. Both have ALIEN related covers. I do not have the A 3 parody (no ALIEN cover art). Mad's "ALIENS" issue has cover art. I'm not sure I own it. I would post the issue numbers but left the notes at work. But I can post those later today. :)

SM

I had Alien and Aliens Mad parody's yonks ago but I've not seen them in decades.  Never realised there was a UK version of Mad, but it make sense since there was an Australian one in the 80s.  The Australian content was always pretty average though.

Local Trouble

Did you have this?

Elmazalman

I remember reading that at the time. Haven't seen it since.

Rambo

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 18, 2019, 05:27:17 AM

It's a comic. If I can locate my issue? I'll take a scan. After discovering this. I spent some time looking for other ALIEN parody's. I have the "Cracked" issue with ALIEN & their ALIEN Rez issue. Both have ALIEN related covers. I do not have the A 3 parody (no ALIEN cover art). Mad's "ALIENS" issue has cover art. I'm not sure I own it. I would post the issue numbers but left the notes at work. But I can post those later today. :)
Not sure if I missed any but it seems to be:

Mad #212 - Alien
Mad #268 - Aliens
Mad #276 - Predator
Mad #368 - Alien Resurrection

Cracked #164 - Alien
Cracked #276 - Alien3

Cracked Monster Party #17 - Aliens

Darwinsgirl

Thanks for posting your list. 8)

You had two I didn't have and I one you didn't :)

The "Cracked Monster Party #17" was not on my list  (nor the Predator issue...I don't collect Predator ;) ) Thanks for including it for those that do.

Cracked #323 has a ALIEN Resurrection parody with cover art.

I could not find any Prometheus or ALIEN Covenant parody's either.  I'm wondering what the A3 parody is like?

I will add the missing issues to my want list. I haven't looked but I wonder if any of these parody's were included in the ALIEN or Predator comic lists on here? It was very detailed as it had comics from trading cards & games if my memory is correct.

D

Corporal Hicks

I received the magazine yesterday but didn't get to flick through. I'll take photos once I've got chance.

Darwinsgirl

I followed your example and ordered the "Cracked" #276 with the A3 parody.

I'm wondering what the humor will be like? Drawing a group of bald men in similar outfits?

I reread the US ALIEN parody last night. The caricatures were very well drawn and it was a fun read.

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully this is clear enough.

Apparently it's put them in the opposite order. Go to the last image and work backwards from that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed