Predator 5 Idea, Cast, Crew, and Budget

Started by skyrimfan14, Jul 13, 2019, 10:05:08 PM

Author
Predator 5 Idea, Cast, Crew, and Budget (Read 5,780 times)

skyrimfan14

Predator 5 idea:

So my idea for Predator 5 would be to place it well into the future and place it 50 years after the events of Predator (1987) . Setting is set in futuristic New York City in the year 2027. Humans are attacked by a group of Bad Bloods predators that seek to take Earth as their own. In response, the United States send a group of well trained soldiers to deal with the threat. When they arrive at the city, the city is almost deserted but just then two Predators show up, a Predator Warrior and Hunter. The predators explain that they mean no harm and are here to deal with the threat. Joining forces, they work together to stop the Bad Bloods and retake the city.

I based my plot and setting based off the events of the AVP Capcom game. The climax for the movie would be a awesome car chase with the soldiers and the predators being chased by the Bad Bloods. But here's the catch : the Predator Hunter and Warrior are the ones driving the APC with the Predator Hunter shooting at the Bad Bloods with the .50 caliber turret. (I'd still love to see the omitted APC sequence with the Emissary Predators and the Loonies)

Now the best part I like : The Directors, Screenwriters and Cast

Directors : Guillermo Del Toro and Neil Blomkamp

Screenwriter : Steven Spielberg (he could even serve as one of the executive producers)

Cast : Michelle Rodriguez, Vin Diesel, Tyrese Gibson and Ron Perlman

For the budget, I don't believe it should be very cheap. If I were giving the budget, I'd say from $100 - $120 million would work.

Voodoo Magic

Nice effort!

In my humble opinion, I don't want humans teaming up with Predators next time around.

Let's get back to the basics.

SuperiorIronman

So since my cat jumped onto the computer and I have no idea where my post went, I guess I'll start over.

We'd be looking at a budget similar to Predators at about 40-50 million mostly due to me wanting ADI back if only to reuse what good they brought to the table (and the studio defaulting to them anyways) and having them correct designs to be more community friendly. Basically reworking the Predator's face to community standards like the X mandibles and the diagonal brow.
In terms of design he just has less armor on him this time with it mostly being similar to leather with a smaller P2 reminiscent shoulder cannon mounted onto that. A single set of wristblades a bit more modern but not as intricate in design (it would still house blades in a box) and a Smart-disk. Maybe something else to be unique to this Predator like bolas or a variant of netgun, but that's it. Something simple and cost-friendly.

In terms of story I'd have it be a bit more intimate with the plot being centered around Stargazer actively searching for a Predator on a tropical island like Hawaii or in the coastal section of Val Verde (assuming it has one but whatever it's fictional). The human plot is centered on regular people where they interact with undercover Stargazer operatives and find all this death around them. The Predator has been actively hunting his pursuers with the regular citizens caught in the mix, ignoring the main human characters since their threat is basically moot. Cue an oncoming hurricane as the humans are forced into tighter corridors because of the storm and the Predator moving in against shifting loyalties, backstabbing, and confusion out of the regular citizens not knowing what is happening.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 14, 2019, 01:48:58 PM
So since my cat jumped onto the computer and I have no idea where my post went, I guess I'll start over.

Cats. SMH. I'm a cat owner too. 

Remind me why we love them?

QuoteWe'd be looking at a budget similar to Predators at about 40-50 million mostly due to me wanting ADI back if only to reuse what good they brought to the table (and the studio defaulting to them anyways) and having them correct designs to be more community friendly. Basically reworking the Predator's face to community standards like the X mandibles and the diagonal brow.

You're speaking my language now, brother!

But does ADI have the willingness and the ability to drop ego and make those corrections? I just hope they give a new FX house a shot when the time comes.

QuoteIn terms of design he just has less armor on him this time with it mostly being similar to leather with a smaller P2 reminiscent shoulder cannon mounted onto that. A single set of wristblades a bit more modern but not as intricate in design (it would still house blades in a box) and a Smart-disk. Maybe something else to be unique to this Predator like bolas or a variant of netgun, but that's it. Something simple and cost-friendly.

I would love to see a Predator using a smart-disc in a jungle environment, slicing down a swath of trees in its path.

QuoteIn terms of story I'd have it be a bit more intimate with the plot being centered around Stargazer actively searching for a Predator on a tropical island like Hawaii or in the coastal section of Val Verde (assuming it has one but whatever it's fictional). The human plot is centered on regular people where they interact with undercover Stargazer operatives and find all this death around them. The Predator has been actively hunting his pursuers with the regular citizens caught in the mix, ignoring the main human characters since their threat is basically moot. Cue an oncoming hurricane as the humans are forced into tighter corridors because of the storm and the Predator moving in against shifting loyalties, backstabbing, and confusion out of the regular citizens not knowing what is happening.

Change Stargazer back to OWLF and yes to all of this!     :)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 14, 2019, 02:11:34 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 14, 2019, 01:48:58 PM

Cats. SMH. I'm a cat owner too. 

Remind me why we love them?

The cat owns you.

They trick us into thinking they're absolutely adorable as kittens and then rule over us for the rest of their lives.

On topic, though, I'm liking some of the ideas presented, and I kinda want to blend it with my idea of a Se7en/Predator 2 type of movie (starring Michael Biehn and Mark Rolston).

Voodoo Magic

Yep, either way it's back to basics. Single Predator. No teaming with humans. No Super or Upgrade Predators.

skyrimfan14

Another thing I forgot to add is would you guys love to see Del Toro create the Predator Warrior and Hunter? Cause go and look up Del Toro's sketches. He does insane concept work for his movies.

How I can see him working with ADI is that he can get consultants from Stan Winston's family and even the original Predator creators to create two very unique Predators that resemble the P1 and P2 movies.

And yes I know I'm gonna get hate for Predators helping humans lol 😂. But it's been done in the AVP arcade game and even the Fire and Stone comics, so I don't see why not. Plus it'd bring something new to the franchise for a change.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 14, 2019, 03:31:32 PM
Yep, either way it's back to basics. Single Predator. No teaming with humans. No Super or Upgrade Predators.

I would actually like to see 2 preds hunting in tandem, like twins with both being distinct but able to complement eachothers hunting styles.

There was an unused AvP3 story pitch that had that concept and I thought it was pretty cool. The rest of the pitch was bad though, had the queen from AvP making its way to africa and starting a hive.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I still would like to see the idea of multiple predators on a movie done right. Either a Bad blood/Predator vs Predator concept done right or multiple Predators hunting together and actually showing some teamwork.

Like we had a trio on both AVP and Predators and they didn't do shit together, each waited for their turn to die so the movie could focus on the main one. Another wasted opportunity on those movies.

I don't mind a "teamup" if its like what we had on Predators.

SuperiorIronman

I liked the trio in AVP but it's frankly not due to their lack of teamwork (or at least what's on film). The trio from Predators works a bit better but it felt more like theirs a pecking order rather than them working together. It's more like they had a specific function but at the end of the day the Berserker got dibs.

I feel like a good way to introduce a second Predator might be to not acknowledge it at all until it comes time for the reveal. Like throwing away a disk weapon into a dark room and you think it missed, only for it to be caught by the other Predator and they use it to get a hit on the human characters.

Showing that they will assist in combat when necessary. Assisting in throws, setting traps, and even just straight fist-fights. But frankly for the next film, a singular hunter should take the stage to mediate budget concerns.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 14, 2019, 09:27:44 PM
I still would like to see the idea of multiple predators on a movie done right. Either a Bad blood/Predator vs Predator concept done right

I think the Predator conflict has been done poorly too many times in the past for that to even elicite any excitement now...

Quoteor multiple Predators hunting together and actually showing some teamwork.

But give me a good Predator tag-team film and they'll have some good will to do it again. It'd be sweet to actually see 2 working together in tandem!

Voodoo Magic

Got to get back to basics. Like Mike Myers in Halloween, remind people why they loved Predator again. The locale has to change.. a space station, a desert oasis, an African Rain Forrest, but make it a slasher, a single Predator on a hunting spree with a few new gadgets. Don't overcomplicate with Predator teams, bad bloods, human Pred team-ups and Pred cops and robbers that have worked in the comics - sort of. Back to basics baby!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 15, 2019, 10:30:50 AM
Got to get back to basics. Like Mike Myers in Halloween, remind people why they loved Predator again. The locale has to change.. a space station, a desert oasis, an African Rain Forrest, but make it a slasher, a single Predator on a hunting spree with a few new gadgets. Don't overcomplicate with Predator teams, bad bloods, human Pred team-ups and Pred cops and robbers that have worked in the comics - sort of. Back to basics baby!

And no Crabators.

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

Huggs

What this franchise needs is a predator so old that the mouth skin hangs down to his knees.

Full blown hound dog.

And a little human prisoner has to run underneath him and hold it all off the ground.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed