Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,748 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 15, 2019, 07:52:57 PM
I like that blue shining out of egg image

I like the blue shining font of the ALIENS logo.  It is iconic, and we should go back to that in the publications.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Just add the iconic "I" to the Alien logo, and you've got the best version.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Sweeter than some Arcturian boom boom!

PS> Shouldn't there be some kind of structure as to when a title is termed Alien or Aliens? Or just use 1. It's all good though.

Surprised there's no one wanting to make or accept 1 Alien stories anymore...

SM

SM

Ye of little faith.  ;)

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nostromo on Jul 15, 2019, 10:28:17 PM
Sweeter than some Arcturian boom boom!

PS> Shouldn't there be some kind of structure as to when a title is termed Alien or Aliens? Or just use 1. It's all good though.

Surprised there's no one wanting to make or accept 1 Alien stories anymore...

The upcoming novel "Prototype" claims to be just one alien... but we'll see. Personally I like the distinction that the novel line is singular whereas the comic line is plural.

And obviously I'm hyped for this announcement!

Monster Man

I haven't read Bug Hunt. So I'm curious how he depicted his story from the Aliens POV.

Did he give them some sorta tribe dialect or communicate like the Kharaa do from Natural Selection?

scottsigler

scottsigler

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 15, 2019, 01:05:31 PM
Cool.

As this is military, it should be under the Aliens imprint rather than Alien, IMO.  I hope we don't abandon the Aliens name and logo.  It is the iconic symbol of the series.

It might be ALIENS, I'm not sure. Since this board broke the secret, I made that graphic myself!

Quote from: Nazrel on Jul 14, 2019, 02:03:47 AM
listening to the audiobook of Bughunt. looking forward to hearing one from the aliens perspective.

A full length book could be super cool

It won't be a full book of xenomorph perspective, I don't think the concept would support a full book (or I don't have the writing skill to make that conceit into a novel, at any rate).

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2019, 09:42:41 AM

(Hi scotssigler.  We've corresponded.  :) )
You and me are on an express elevator to hell ...

Quote from: Nostromo on Jul 14, 2019, 01:58:52 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 14, 2019, 01:53:59 PM
Legion? Ancient Rome setting confirmed!  :laugh:

Seriously? Zzz setting.

Rome is not the setting.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: scottsigler on Jul 16, 2019, 02:58:47 AM
Since this board broke the secret, I made that graphic myself!

Blame Titan/Google, not us!   :'(

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on Jul 16, 2019, 12:22:56 AM
Ye of little faith.  ;)

Is that you Oram? lol.

Prototype has one Alien in it? Cool, nice to have one of those once in a while. Can't wait for Phalanx, always great to have the author appear in here as well.

Or anything pre-1979 Alien & Scott: Alien (As in everything is and seems Alien).
Post Alien timeline: Aliens. (Aliens are coming outta the God damn walls going forward, they're known to humanity).

SM

SM

Cold Forge, River of Pain, Echo and Sea of Sorrows all had the Alien title.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't think Titan's ever put out a book with Aliens in the title, have they? As Hicks said, likely a rights thing.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 17, 2019, 09:38:49 AM
I don't think Titan's ever put out a book with Aliens in the title, have they? As Hicks said, likely a rights thing.

Just Bug Hunt.

Still Collating...

I didn't know about the rights thing before this thread. Still, personally, I could care less if a book has the Alien or Aliens logo.

SM

SM

It really doesn't make any difference.  The title doesn't determine the content.

Perfect-Organism

No it doesn't really impact things in any way.  What it really comes down to is that there are for the most part, 2 camps of fans for the series.  There's the Aliens fans, and then the Alien fans, and they will be arguing ad infinitude over which is the superior and definitive Aliens film.  As an extension of that, they will prefer one logo over the other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed