27 (75%)
Daniels
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author
Shaw or Daniels? (Read 5,617 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Shaw because I find her character more interesting.

Daniels had a different part to play. She wasn't as important as Shaw. Because imo Covenant was about David and Walter.
Daniels was never supposed to be another Shaw (or Ripley).

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I like Noomi better as an actress, but I despise Prometheus.

So Daniels.  Because she's in an Alien movie with an actual Alien. 

Kradan

Kradan

Welcome to the club  ;D

PsyKore

PsyKore

Noomi's got far better screen presence and acting ability. She's also an actor that can convey genuine strength in dire circumstances, unlike Daniels who either seems unconvincing or just looks cute and teary. I feel like Noomi was wasted because she is such a good actor and it was criminal to just toss her away like that. There's also the dynamic between her and David to consider, which could have built to a great crescendo over the course of the films. I love Covenant, I consider it one of the best Alien films in itself, but it was a mistake to totally get rid of Shaw.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Prometheus won again.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 24, 2019, 02:33:45 PM

Didn't find anything better, Oh, just look of her face...Wonderful!

I wish this somehow ended up being Shaw.
Shaw's being captured for all those years. Daniels sacrifices her life in order to save/free her. Only to end back up in David's captivity.
It would've made the ending extra evil.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 26, 2019, 03:05:42 AM

Shaw's being captured for all those years. Daniels sacrifices her life in order to save/free her. Only to end back up in David's captivity.

Extra evil would be turning off the cryogenic functions.

Sealed in awake.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 26, 2019, 03:18:00 AM

Sealed in awake.

I'd prefer Shaw as some kind of hermit or feral girl (maybe somewhat mutated) roaming through the forests of Planet 4, until the Covenant crew is hiding inside the Engineers necropolis, when she regains her humanity and sacrifices herself to save Daniels and company. Although part of that sounds familiar  ;D

0321recon

0321recon

Sealed in awake.

And David forces her to see how he vivisects Daniels and the other victims in the Covenant.  That would have been some messed up s#@$.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 26, 2019, 01:04:14 PM

Sealed in awake.

And David forces her to see how he vivisects Daniels and the other victims in the Covenant.  That would have been some messed up s#@$.

Oh I mean sealed up Daniels.

Kradan

Kradan

Poll results:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 26, 2019, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 26, 2019, 01:04:14 PM

Sealed in awake.

Oh I mean sealed up Daniels.

That may be an even darker ending than the original one and also with great emotional power. Shaw was rescued and she thinks all the horrors are gone. She is ready to heal her wounds and start a new life in Origae-6. Until the terrifying truth that she is still in David's hands is revealed.

A variant of this scenario is: Shaw is dreaming in the hypersleep chamber. She is having a happy meeting with her father as in Prometheus, or even with her husband; Holloway.

Everything looks idyllic and beautiful. Then she begins to see nightmarish imagery of what David did with Daniels. She is awakened by "Walter" who tells her that they have reached their destination. And you know how it ends.

Huggs

Huggs

Taking her secretly aboard covenant would be difficult though.

Unless they did a nod to Prometheus and he had her alive somehow as a head in a bag.

Then the real psycho stuff begins.

He merges what's left of her with Daniels body. Putting her back together as she did him. Forced to watch of course. Now she'd have a fertile womb. Then mutating both her and himself using the goo so they'd be able to procreate. A twisted take on Adam and Eve, with Eve being less than willing.

Madness, mutation, death.

What's left either hibernates or kills everything. Pursuing engineers shoot down the covenant or find it landed. One gets infected = Alien 79.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed