Would enhancing the VFX in Alien 3 help it?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 22, 2019, 09:53:27 PM

Author
Would enhancing the VFX in Alien 3 help it? (Read 12,701 times)

Rankles75

Don't think it'd make a difference either way tbh. The people who like the film now probably wouldn't be overly bothered, and those who hate it generally do so for bigger reasons than the VFX. It is unfortunate though, as there's a couple of scenes in there where the Runner looks really good.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 23, 2019, 02:46:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 23, 2019, 12:05:20 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 22, 2019, 11:37:13 PM
It would be interesting to see if an amateur CG artist could do it for a fan edit.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone could.

CGing around the other issues with the film could be more difficult.

Alien 3 has other issues?

Maybe they could CG some hair onto some of the prisoners so the average punter can tell them apart.  Pete Postlethwaite could look sweet with a Mohawk.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I enjoy my "bald poms" and can tell them apart, but you keep spinning that yarn SM.

Do I think improving the composited Alien would improve the film overall? Yes definitely, if only in a visual capacity and for a general audience's ability to take the Alien seriously.

SiL

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jun 23, 2019, 11:04:08 AM
I enjoy my "bald poms" and can tell them apart, but you keep spinning that yarn SM.
You're in a minority there, so his yarn is good.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Maybe 20 years ago.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes. Definitely.

If you can't afford a patched new transfer or newly patched VFX,
maybe utilization of the reportedly superior 40th Anniversary screened transfer is a option.

Spoiler
[close]

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Jun 23, 2019, 12:05:57 PM
You're in a minority there.

Not anymore.

The Old One

The Old One

I suspect you're right.
Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jun 23, 2019, 08:10:42 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 23, 2019, 02:46:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 23, 2019, 12:05:20 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 22, 2019, 11:37:13 PM
It would be interesting to see if an amateur CG artist could do it for a fan edit.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone could.

CGing around the other issues with the film could be more difficult.

Alien 3 has other issues?

Maybe they could CG some hair onto some of the prisoners so the average punter can tell them apart.  Pete Postlethwaite could look sweet with a Mohawk.

Hair would help, but it would kinda negate the whole lice thing that made Ripley shave her head.  This is probably an example of where more racial diversity would have helped a great deal.

After Boggs was killed, wasn't Dillon the last black dude on the planet?  Were there any Asians at all?

The Old One

The Old One

No, because for the superior version Arthur is alive, until Golic is free to roam again.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 23, 2019, 07:33:33 PM
No, because for the superior version Arthur is alive, until Golic is freed.

I don't recall Golic being freed in the superior version.

The Old One

The Old One

I do. The objectively superior, longer version.
Superior by consensus, of the majority of people whom enjoy the film, enjoy the longer version more. /Case Closed.

Samhain13

Samhain13

The Old One

The Old One

For your information, I don't earnestly believe consensus = truth, just that's a certain someone's logic.

SM

Do I think improving the composited Alien would improve the film overall? Yes definitely, if only in a visual capacity and for a general audience's ability to take the Alien seriously.

How man times have you watched Alien 3?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed