Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,889 times)

Vrastal

I would love for fox to do an audiobook of the female war trilogy. It has its problems but its some of the most enjoyable Expanded universe books

Kradan

That's why it's good to be Russian-speech fan. There're audiobook versions of initial trilogy recorded by one good Russian fellow named Sergey Puhov ;D

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see them audio-booking/audio-dramatizing/recording the older stories.

Still Collating...

Certainly not soon if ever cause they got there hands full if they keep doing the growing catalog of new Titan entries.

Perfect-Organism

Give it time.  Eventually they will figure out that these were the best stories.  Having an earth invasion is the ultimate fulfilment of the promise of alien.  It's what the series is all about really.

The Old One

The Old One

No, it isn't. The best stories, or the promise of Alien.
Alien is intimate. The Cold Forge is the best novel, and you've got contenders for best Alien comic series such as Labyrinth, AVP and Dead Orbit. But The original series isn't amongst them.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2019, 09:36:03 PM
Give it time.  Eventually they will figure out that these were the best stories.  Having an earth invasion is the ultimate fulfilment of the promise of alien.  It's what the series is all about really.

It's what the fans have always wanted.

Samhain13

Samhain13

We only had one attempt at an Earth Alien Invasion scenario and it was so long ago. Wouldn't hurt to try another since that Aliens trilogy wasn't the best.

I say do it on a game. Set it quite further into the future, post-Earth alien invasion survival game. An AVP game in that setting would be great, its has been mostly colony LV-whatever in the previous ones, so I would something different.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2019, 10:54:56 PM

F*cking barf.

I'm not opposed to the idea on the whole,
but the original execution and inclusion of the Nuclear Ripley family is eh...

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 14, 2019, 10:59:52 PM
We only had one attempt at an Earth Alien Invasion scenario and it was so long ago. Wouldn't hurt to try another since that Aliens trilogy wasn't the best.

I say do it on a game. Set it quite further into the future, post-Earth alien invasion survival game. An AVP game in that setting would be great, its has been mostly colony LV-whatever in the previous ones, so I would something different.

How about a Bethesda RPG?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2019, 10:54:57 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2019, 09:36:03 PM

Totally

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Only it's not, judging by my and others objections.
Unless you're just being a passive aggressive asshole and pulling the "real fan/majority of fans" card.

Perfect-Organism

No, I'm just remembering how many printings that series went through in it's hey day and how popular it was.  Yes it has faults but the basic premise is still the most compelling of the Aliens comics published to date IMO.

Then again, I wouldn't put it past me to be a passive-aggressive asshole.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I think you're waxing nostalgic about the days of yore and you're remembering it as more of a phenomenon than it was. Potential for the scenario or not.

Perfect-Organism

Nah, I really think it was a great series, with a sizeable following.  I do also recognize that it went sideways with the Earth War series.  But the foundation is there for something epic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed