Alien Isolation coming to the Switch

Started by Jacku, Jun 11, 2019, 05:05:32 PM

Author
Alien Isolation coming to the Switch (Read 34,682 times)

Jacku

Corporal Hicks

Jacku

If it can be made to run on a switch maybe it can be made to run on PSVR.

Hudson

Maybe this will help the game to finally make enough money by Sega's estimation.

Stitch

Quote from: Jacku on Jun 11, 2019, 06:35:08 PM
If it can be made to run on a switch maybe it can be made to run on PSVR.
It could easily run on PSVR. Just needs effort to convert as it wouldn't be a straight port.

LV-12986

I just want the announcement of the new mmo already!

Huggs

"Well that's a switch" - Hudson

Shamo

I am happy that more people get the chance to play this jewel of a game now that it has been rereleased for the switch.

But a glimpse of the new MMO shooter would have been so nice! That being said- looking at recent developements in online shooters like anthem or destiny 2- they need to put in  a lot of work to not fall in the same traps.

And it needs to be creepy and overwhelming at the same time. Also- give me some crazy new alien designs.

All you need is an Alien planet which has been infected with aliens to make new aliens! Don't let it be on LV426 please. I am done with that planet.

Corporal Hicks

It would appear that Feral Interactive are handling the port.

Corporal Hicks

Full press release regarding the game:

QuoteFeral Interactive today announced that Alien: Isolation, the AAA survival horror game, is coming to Nintendo Switch. Originally developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA, Alien: Isolation won multiple awards, and was critically acclaimed for its tense, atmospheric gameplay and fidelity to the production values of the iconic 20th Century Fox film, Alien.

In an original story set fifteen years after the events of the film, players take on the role of Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda, who seeks to discover the truth behind her mother's disappearance. Marooned aboard the remote space station Sevastopol with a few desperate survivors, players must stay out of sight, and use their wits to survive as they are stalked by the ever-present, unstoppable Alien.

Sevastopol Station is a labyrinthine environment that contains hundreds of hidden items that provide clues to the station's catastrophic decline. As they explore, players will crawl through air vents, scope out hiding places, scavenge for resources, and deploy tech in a life-or-death struggle to outthink the terrifying Alien, whose unpredictable, dynamic behaviour evolves after each encounter.

Alien: Isolation on Nintendo Switch will feature technologies such as gyroscopic aiming and HD rumble to immerse players in its terrifying world wherever they play.

https://nintendoeverything.com/alien-isolation-for-switch-made-by-feral-interactive-has-gyroscopic-aiming-and-hd-rumble/

Hudson

I don't have a Switch, so...what's "HD rumble"?

MattFiler

Also worth mentioning that they're in discussions still for a physical release - currently planned to be digital only.

Darkness

Darkness

I can't help but wonder who the target audience is for ports like this and Resident Evil. When Nintendo are obviously kid-friendly, it makes little sense to put these sorts of games on there. It's amazing what they've done with Witcher but again, why would I want to play it on a handheld with reduced graphics, when I can play it on a massive TV.

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 12, 2019, 02:03:55 PM
I don't have a Switch, so...what's "HD rumble"?

Nothing really. The joy cons have more refined rumble vibrations than you would find in a normal controller. I don't think the rumble is anywhere near as strong as a Dualshock 4.

Shamo

HD Rumble is a new rumble tech in the switch controllers. Its Eight motors giving a really nice feeling. You can feel the Ice Cubes in the glass.

razeak

I love gyroscope aiming. Also interesting to see if the implement the HD rumble well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed