Giger Inspired World

Started by Number13, Jun 03, 2019, 12:01:18 AM

Author
Giger Inspired World (Read 7,214 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jun 03, 2019, 01:16:32 AM
As for a Giger world - he did design LV-426, and as Immortan posted above, the Engineer pyramid is based on his Harkonnen castle.

I love that they at least based it on but to me, everything in Prometheus was far too stoney. Plenty of Giger-esque patterns, but material wise it just looked wrong because everything seemed to be stone.

Personally, I agree with OP. I just want some massive landscape that looks like his land of dicks picture whose name I can't currently recall. Something for Dune, I think? I want to see that original egg silo on the big screen, not just on the comic pages (though I do love they made their way into the comics).

Unfortunately, it just seems to be a lot about money and rights and etc.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

David's penis envy will ensure a land of dicks. :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Number13

Number13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 03, 2019, 08:13:40 AM
I love that they at least based it on but to me, everything in Prometheus was far too stoney. Plenty of Giger-esque patterns, but material wise it just looked wrong because everything seemed to be stone.

That's exactly how I feel. "Stoney," that's the word that described the Engineer structures in my opinion. Thank you. We can agree we wanted something more organic looking. Thank you.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'm also hungry for more Giger aesthetic in an Alien movie, more biomechanical please.

Number13

Number13

I don't know if you'd be in favor of this. But I had this concept where the biological, Giger planet is like, alive, and that there's like a source of it that spawns the living creatures like Ego the Living Planet in Guardians of the Galaxy, but more realistic. Which I actually called Mother. That she wanted to spread her seed, the Aliens, throughout the universe and she created the Engineers to be slaves to spread it, but they were tired of being slaves, but she didn't give them the ability to reproduce so they created the human race to see if they held the key. I also, had this visual where a ship like the Derelict would be grown piece by piece, like that movie Hollow Man, where it goes from a circularly system, to skeleton and more. I thought it was cool, but then again I have poor taste.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Not at all. It sounds very interesting!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 03, 2019, 10:32:44 AM
David's penis envy will ensure a land of dicks. :D

He got a lot to compensate for.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Number13 on Jun 03, 2019, 02:09:18 AM
But dang, I must have such bad taste because there's not one thing on this site that people have agreed on. Oh well. I am so done with this.

Quote from: Number13 on Jun 03, 2019, 06:22:15 PMI thought it was cool, but then again I have poor taste.

Low self esteem or something? Who cares people think about your taste? You like what you like. See my signature.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

There is an appetite for biomechanical humanoids growing inside of me.

Number13

Number13

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 03, 2019, 07:09:40 PM
Quote from: Number13 on Jun 03, 2019, 02:09:18 AM
But dang, I must have such bad taste because there's not one thing on this site that people have agreed on. Oh well. I am so done with this.

Quote from: Number13 on Jun 03, 2019, 06:22:15 PMI thought it was cool, but then again I have poor taste.

Low self esteem or something? Who cares people think about your taste? You like what you like. See my signature.

I have low self esteem or lack there of because when a million people tell you you're wrong or your opinion sucks, you start to believe it. Plus I'm autistic. I've accepted it, and embraced it. I've left this site like ten times because of all the people who have ganged up against me.

But that's irrelevant, back to the Giger subject.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 03, 2019, 09:23:58 PM
Biomechanical humanoid.

http://i64.tinypic.com/fp1hub.gif

Beautiful and no ganging up happens on AVPG, to my knowledge

Number13

Number13

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 03, 2019, 10:45:20 PM
Beautiful and no ganging up happens on AVPG, to my knowledge

Actually you were one of them. You and Erik Lensherr and many others. You both and others ganged up on me for saying that Alien3 was the worst Alien movie in my opinion. Especially Lensherr, he said, and I quote, "you have bad taste for disliking any of the first THREE movies." Sorry if Alien and Aliens are my all time favorite movies, and I don't like Alien3. Which is why both of you are on my ignore list.

Again, I'm not discussing this, back to Giger World.

The Old One

The Old One

I never intended to gang up on you by disagreeing with you.
That's part of forum activity, disagreement- sometimes strong disagreement even with people we enjoy.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 03, 2019, 11:32:56 PM
I never intended to gang up on you by disagreeing with you.
That's part of forum activity, disagreement- sometimes strong disagreement even with people we enjoy.

Truth.

We're an opinionated bunch. But we still care for and respect each other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed