DUTCH AND HARRIGAN COMING BACK

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Jun 02, 2019, 07:16:33 AM

Author
DUTCH AND HARRIGAN COMING BACK (Read 3,974 times)

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

WHAT IF THEY USED A CERTAIN FILMMAKING STYLE TO HAVE DUTCH AND HARRIGAN ( ARNOLD AND DANNY) IN A FUTURE PREDATOR MOVIE WHERE THEY GET CAPTURED AND PUT TO THE ULTIMATE SURVIVAL TEST ON THE PREDATOR HOMEWORLD. WHAT IF THEY USED THE FILMMAKING STYLE IN TERMINATOR GENISYS? HAVE 1 REAL BODY BUILDER A SIMILAR BUILD TO ARNOLD BACK THEN AND HAVE THE SAME FOR DANNY BUT A NORMAL LOOKING GUY NOT MUSCLE BOUND. NOW YOU GOT TO CGI DUTCHS FACE ON THE BODY BUILDER AND THE SAME FOR HARRIGAN. I THINK IT COULD VERY WELL WORK OUT GOOD. I THINK THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE WOULD EVER SEE A NEW PREDATOR FILM WITH THESE 2 BADASSES COMING BACK AND TEAMING UP AGAINST THE PREDATORS. YES IT WONT BE ORGANIC BUT ITS TOO LATE THIS SHOULD OF BEEN THE PREMISE OF ANOTHER MOVIE IN THE FRANCHISE 20 YEARS AGO. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT BECAUSE BOTH OF THEM ARE VERY OLD NOW. IT WOULD BE ALMOST MPOSSIBLE TO DO IT TODAY. BOTH ACTORS ARE IN THERE 70'S. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? COULD THIS WORK OUT? I THINK IT COULD. I HONSTELY WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT HAPPEN THIS WAY. THIS WAY  DUTCH AND DANNY WONT BE ENTIRELY CGI JUST THERE YOUNG LOOKING FACES WIH REAL BODIES FILLING IN THE CHARACTERS. EXACTLY HOW THEY BOTH LOOKED IN THE FIRST 2 MOVIES. 

SM

SM

Dude, your shift key is stuck.

SuperiorIronman

Reformatting that so everything isn't in caps would make that a bit easier to read,

The problem getting Dutch back has been the Terminator franchise and or they didn't have that big a role for him. Two of the solo Predator sequels couldn't get Arnold cause he was busy on Terminator and it didn't have a comparatively sized role and Danny Glover declined. At their age, I get it. I would love to see Dutch or Harrigan again but it's looking more and more unlikely by the day. And regarding Arnold, he's up there now and wants to continue doing work on a character he pretty much defined, I totally get why he wouldn't come back.

Drukathi

Drukathi

I think, the lack of a through character(s) - this is a plus. Big advantage and the opportunity to create different stories. Look at Alien - this universe search the new Ripley, again and again, especially in Tongal Shorts. Looks ridiculous. Predator - more flexible.

Samhain13

I'm more into Dutch's returning than Harrigan. I'm fine with how novels dealt with "future" versions of the two. I consider them canon.

If Dutch ever comes back, he has to be a old man, I want a story set in modern times. I don't mind if either as mentor role or him as the main character of the story, I just don't want anything done to him that is over the top, like we saw in some scripts.

The concept of the Noland character from Predators could have worked well with Dutch or Harrigan instead.

Voodoo Magic

In the Predator universe, there are no reocurring characters.

No one comes back.

[cancerblack]

OP, I'm not reading that. You wanna try again without Capslock?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Film Critic Hulk, is that you?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 02, 2019, 11:07:39 PM

The concept of the Noland character from Predators could have worked well with Dutch or Harrigan instead.

Almost as if that was the intention...  :o

Huggs

Huggs

As a novel, it would be cheesy but tolerable. As a film I'd say no.

Both of their stories were told perfectly with films 1&2.

Besides, they're both getting way too old for that stuff.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 03, 2019, 02:08:22 PM
In the Predator universe, there are no reocurring characters.

No one comes back.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/1eumwd6nlG7tmkFSWb/giphy.gif

Word.  Though I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Harrigan or Royce/Isabel again, the films stand on their own without recurring characters.

Voodoo Magic

I'd entertain Dillon's spawn wanting a little payback with a small "What really happened to my father" scene with Dutch, but they could easily do that story without Arnold.

But at this point I want to see a Predator in space. Humans lose contact with a fueling station on the outer rim. A team is sent to investigate. After they dock, a Predator blows their ship and starts picking them off one by one with a wild new array of traps and weapons.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 06, 2019, 12:49:02 AM
But at this point I want to see a Predator in space. Humans lose contact with a fueling station on the outer rim. A team is sent to investigate. After they dock, a Predator blows their ship and starts picking them off one by one with a wild new array of traps and weapons.

But doesn't it sound as castrated AVP movie? Predators in space but without Aliens don't seem right to me.

I'd love to see Royce again. Predators had such great set up for sequel. What a shame...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Well Predators come from space.

Nah, one hunting in a claustrophobic space station in the future totally works for me. Not dark and murky but white and sterilized. Blood splashed on those walls? Yes please. Seeing the camouflage in that environment, hidden traps, laser blades, the works. To me it would work wonderfully.

Another jungle? No thanks. Space, oh yeah!!

At this point a Predator sighting is very rare, but make humans familiar with Predators by now.

"IT'S A YAUTJA SET UP!!!  ABANDON SHIP!!!"

SuperiorIronman

Well the benefit of a Predator story is that the creature is that versatile. You can have it any time, any place, anywhere, and it works just fine. Theatrically it's pretty much the perfect organism. We don't really even need a character coming back since the Predator is effectively the star (as most monsters in monster movies are).

And at this point for space? Sure.
It would still retain the same feel. We know of the current EU that sightings and survivors are still rare and that trained professionals to kill them freak out on sight of one. So the further we go in time, it still works.

I like the space station idea. Like the humans just gift wrapped a hunting ground for them. Alternatively an alien space station that still has Predators on it.
Either way the Predators look at the station like "It's free real-estate"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB5R5xsmcYg

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed