Would facehuggers go after non-mammals (that includes humans and Engineers)?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, May 30, 2019, 08:25:54 PM

Author
Would facehuggers go after non-mammals (that includes humans and Engineers)? (Read 10,705 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 31, 2019, 12:41:17 AM
I thought about jellyfish because they look so otherworldly.
It's why it makes sense that the alien was designed for us or other humanoid/mammal lifeforms.
Because to me it seems unlikely that it's able to infect some abstract alien being like The Blob or The Thing.

Yup, it was designed by David to kill humans (and maybe other vertebrate life forms) from Earth, but it's fun to speculate about it  :laugh: and speaking of weird looking aliens; the artist Wayne Barlowe is the creator of some very cool designs...

Quote from: SM on May 31, 2019, 12:01:32 AM
Some birds and reptiles would probably work.

Too bad non-avian dinosaurs are extinct.

However, what should work with almost everything is the Black Goo.

The Old One

The Old One

I wonder about the original creature.
The nasty indigenous life it birthed is minuscule.

But really I believe the Alien infects anything of sufficient mass, by using the ability to burn acid through flesh/cartilage/etcetera to reach a incubation location.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 30, 2019, 08:25:54 PM
Now would a facehugger go after any animal as long as it's not too small too "hug"?

Yeah. Also needs to have a viable opening for it to rape and probably enough bodymass to provide resources for the incubation of the chestburster. If you are interested on this matter being mentioned on the EU, only time I remember right now is Aliens: Dna War, which is said that on the planet they are at the lightest indigenous lifeform that was recorded capable being used as a host by the aliens was 28 pounds.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 31, 2019, 01:38:23 AM

Alpha as f**k.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps it doesn't require a viable opening, if it deployed Plagiarus praepotens onto the skin for instance, perhaps it produces an Alien in the chest regardless but because no direct attachment happened, the memory effect wouldn't happen and the host remained concious.

SiL

If you could just spray a topical application on things there'd be really no point in facehugging.

The Old One

The Old One

Other than the whole thing about making your host unconscious and unaware so they don't try to kill themselves.

Or perhaps it just requires a orifice, any orifice as the Neomorph does, but again- if it can't knock the host unconscious with it's chemical deployment or strangulation, the host is then aware of the violation.

SiL

Wait till they're asleep, leave puddles and hope something steps in it, spray it as a mist from a discrete location, etc. Spray would be much more discrete than latching onto something's face for 24 hours. The amnesia is only useful if the thing is alone when and while you hug it.

And if you're gluing people to walls in hives, they know they're f**ked because they wake up glued to a wall -- so why bother with the hugging process then?

The Old One

The Old One

I imagine because they're instinctual to a degree, and perhaps because it's heavily implied they derive some level of pleasure from it.

SiL

It's never been implied the facehuggers enjoy anything ???

JokersWarPig

Quote from: The Old One on May 31, 2019, 11:32:46 AM
I imagine because they're instinctual to a degree, and perhaps because it's heavily implied they derive some level of pleasure from it.

I may have missed that implication...but they'd make them infinitely more terrifying imo

The Old One

The Old One

TCF says they get off on the fear.
(Or the implantation is more potent, the more fear the host exhibits.)

The prequels imply by showing that they don't need to be attached for more than a few seconds that they stay on for another reason.

Dingbat

But my questions is, could a facehugger facehug a facehugger? What would come out? perhaps the super facehugger from alien 3?

Samhain13

Quote from: Dingbat on May 31, 2019, 03:40:53 PM
But my questions is, could a facehugger facehug a facehugger? What would come out? perhaps the super facehugger from alien 3?

That's one sword fighting I don't want to see.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 31, 2019, 03:43:51 PM
Quote from: Dingbat on May 31, 2019, 03:40:53 PM

That's one sword fighting I don't want to see.

Baron Von Marlon

Sometimes I hate you guys so very, very much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed