Observation

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 24, 2019, 08:06:13 AM

Author
Observation (Read 3,727 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's got a lot of Alien Isolation alumni working on it and a very retro kind of aesthetic to it. I picked it up and played an hour or so on it last night and rather enjoyed it.

Stitch

Stitch

Been following this for awhile. Looks good.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That looks really cool. Too bad I don't have a PS4. :(

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 24, 2019, 08:38:43 PM
It is on PC as well. I like their Stories Untold game, especially its first chapter.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/observation/home

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: molasar on May 24, 2019, 09:31:22 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 24, 2019, 08:38:43 PM
It is on PC as well. I like their Stories Untold game, especially its first chapter.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/observation/home
Oh nice, thanks for the tip!

Apparently I had a $10 discount in the Epic Store so I got the game for like $13

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I picked it up for like £7!! Bargain.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finished this earlier. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Very subtle kind of horror to it, but a constant state of unnerving. I'd recommend it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm about an hour into it so far and I'm digging it, it's got some strong '2001: A Space Odyssey' vibes to it.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's good, whilst not wholly original.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I just beat it, and I feel kind of underwhelmed. I feel like things got a little rushed as it went on, and it had a fair amount of squandered potential. It was also impossible to "lose", so some of the more tense moments lost all their tension because you could sit around and do nothing and the game would wait for you to succeed.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, unfortunately I agree.

newbeing

newbeing

I was hoping there would be a part in this game where you'd have to chase down one of the characters and block off their escape route. It seemed like they were going to do that near the end, but it was basically a fool proof ending.

Despite that and some other frustrations, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Would love to see that idea expanded upon.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: newbeing on Jul 04, 2019, 04:44:42 PM
I was hoping there would be a part in this game where you'd have to chase down one of the characters and block off their escape route.
I actually experimented with that a couple times in the early stages of the game, and it doesn't work - if Emma is in transit from point A to B and you close a door in her path, she'll clip through it as if it were open.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Lets keep this topic alive.
The visuals are comparable to Alien Isolation. It's architectual design is looks very authentic to nasa. I think the VFX of security camera is f**king awesome. I can't get enough of it. Very realistic! The character animations are spotty which is the downside to this.
The ethereal demonic space demon is  awesome. It makes me very frieghtened, like the first time I watched Event Horizon.

Gameplay is sometimes f**ked up as some things won't activate and you have to reload and start again. Not a big deal but it is generally buggy. Pacing of the scripted sequences are quite intense and well worth a play through. But about half wway through the game, it was just too hard. Needed to watch a youtube walkthrough.

But the first 3 or 4 hours, i was truely gripped onto this game nonstop. I didn't even feel the time pass.

This definitely  is  one of the best non-franchise based games out there!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed