New Predator VR Game Coming To PlayStation VR?

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 16, 2019, 12:33:16 PM

Author
New Predator VR Game Coming To PlayStation VR? (Read 4,935 times)

Corporal Hicks

Hot on the heels of last week’s announcement of Predator: Hunting Grounds, an achievement list for something called Predator VR for PlayStation VR is now showing up on multiple trophy website! So far the list is up on PSN Profiles, Exophase and TrueTrophies.

Predator VR will have 18 trophies, many of which are quotes from the film, worth 315 points. The sites list no other details, only a logo and the achievements do seem to hint at multiple levels and game modes but what exactly Predator VR is or who is developing it is currently unknown. Given that we already have a title for Predator: Hunting Grounds, I assume this is a completely separate game.

Dutch '87 Announced As Next Paid DLC For Predator: Hunting Grounds!

Back in November we caught wind of an upcoming Predator VR attraction from FoxNext VR, VRsenal and Phosphor that was due to hit this February gone but there’s been no signs of it. While it’s unknown if this new Predator VR is related to that, perhaps the game moved across to the PlayStation VR platform?  According to our sources at the time, Fox Next had been talking about releasing the game on other platforms.

Thanks to Matt Warneford for the heads up. Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator gaming! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2019, 12:12:27 PM
So either we're getting another new game, a PS4 port of the Predator VR attraction, or Hunting Grounds is gonna be playable in VR too?

https://www.exophase.com/game/predator-vr-psn/trophies/
My bet is on the port or completely something new as it is unlikely that trophies are ready for Hunting Grounds. Does not mean they can't prepare some VR mode for HG in a style of Star Wars Battlefront or Ace Combat 7 later on.
It would be cool if it is a DLC for Firewall Zero Hour.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2019, 12:12:27 PM
So either we're getting another new game, a PS4 port of the Predator VR attraction, or Hunting Grounds is gonna be playable in VR too?

https://www.exophase.com/game/predator-vr-psn/trophies/

Hicks, you are so good you don't even remember how good you are!  :)

You mentioned 6 months ago Predator VR might come to other platforms, so I bet this is that:

"According to Alien vs. Predator Galaxy's source on the floor, Predator VR is due to start appearing in arcades in February 2019. As it stands the cabinet is an arcade exclusive but FoxNext may look into releasing Predator VR on other platforms. They are also looking into doing a similiar Alien based VR attraction next year too!"
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/11/15/new-predator-vr-attraction-coming-to-arcades-next-february/

Samhain13

"Old Painless is waiting:

Use the minigun to beat the Predator."

Nice.

Corporal Hicks

Moved some of the posts into the new thread.

molasar

molasar

"Time to let Old Painless out the bag."

"Come and get it! El Scorpio is ready!"

https://uploadvr.com/serious-sam-vr-croteam-minigun/

Stitch

I feel so prescient

Quote from: Stitch on May 13, 2019, 09:09:00 PM
Since the trailer wasn't in game footage, we don't know what type of gameplay it, will have. If it's a PS4 exclusive, it just might have VR compatibility.

That would be something interesting. Be the predator.  :o

Voodoo Magic

Corporal Hicks

I saw that a EuroGamer Expo some years back. It looked like fun! But there was very little movement in the one I saw. God, I miss Serious Sam. I hope the new one is good.

SuperiorIronman

Well, damn. I guess Predator wasn't doing that badly after-all if it's getting two game releases (although I suspect they had been in development at the time).

It might not be related to to Predator: Hunting Grounds since that appears to be the name of the title and this is just Predator VR. In a situation like this we should find it linked to it if it was apart of the Ilfonic title. I suspect that if it's a PSVR game it might have been apart of a deal with Sony since the upcoming Predator title appears to be an exclusive.

Predwars24

Not too into VR as it's something you play for about an hour and then never play ever again.

Stitch

Quote from: Predwars24 on May 22, 2019, 04:50:37 PM
Not too into VR as it's something you play for about an hour and then never play ever again.
Or... Not? Plenty of VR games with replayability and/or a long campaign.

Predwars24

Even so I don't think a Predator game (As much as I'd love it to) a VR Predator game nonetheless is going to be like that whatsoever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed