Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC

Started by molasar, May 09, 2019, 10:13:55 PM

Author
Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC (Read 46,950 times)

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: molasar on Sep 25, 2019, 12:37:29 PM
Why should it be if Sony pays for its development?

I'm only saying it in a sense that it would be nice for the most amount of people to experience the game is all. I'm just starting to feel bad for the X-box guys. Playstation has Spider-Man, God of War, Detroit Become Human, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. Microsoft has been getting destroyed this generation when it comes to exclusives. They need to get their asses in gear for the upcoming generation, that's for sure.

Edit: Oh, and I can't forget about the last of us 2.

molasar

In my ideal world, we would have only one common specification for a console and a compatible PC that is created in cooperation by big tech companies, publishers and software developers to provide a gaming platform to customers. They would be making profits only on software and peripherals.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I am a former xbox guy. Back then when I had to choose between xbox 360 and ps3, the choice all came down to 2 exclusive franchises: Gears of War and God of War. I choose Gears because I liked the direction the series headed in the sequels more and was more into shooters at that time.

I was going to buy a xbox one but then microsoft's play anywhere happened, and Gears was back on the PC. Microsoft choose to become multiplatform and compete for the PC gamers. So maybe their profit has improved by doing this instead of hoping people will buy their console through exclusives. Getting rid of the platform exclusives made things better than ever for me, Xbox PC Game Pass is a great deal, and even though I haven't bought a new console from them, I will probably keep that subscription for life.

Predator isn't a really big thing in the gaming world, I don't think there will be many people willing to buy a ps4 just to play this game, the players will be people that already have the console or fans that care for the Predator franchise enough to spend the money aka us here. So most xbox one users won't care. But for me, since playstation now (streaming service) isn't available in my country, its gonna be a blow to buy a console pretty much just for 1 game, even though the ps4 price decreased a little here.

Still Collating...

Exactly, there's no way I can justify buying a whole console (which is expensive for me, at least in my country) just for one game. I haven't checked if Playstation Now is available in my country, but I hope it is.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 25, 2019, 09:14:29 PM
Predator isn't a really big thing in the gaming world, I don't think there will be many people willing to buy a ps4 just to play this game, the players will be people that already have the console or fans that care for the Predator franchise enough to spend the money aka us here. So most xbox one users won't care. But for me, since playstation now (streaming service) isn't available in my country, its gonna be a blow to buy a console pretty much just for 1 game, even though the ps4 price decreased a little here.

I have to think Sony thought this through. I also think there are A LOT of fans of the first Predator film that will not step in here or seek out any community. They love the movie, have it on blu and 4k, recite lines and maybe have a 'get to the choppa" shirt or own a pop, but love 50 other movies too and it's just not that one fanatical thing with them. But they will get excited if they hear a Predator game is out that resembles the first movie, and if the reviews are great they will buy the console because they just love, love, love the movie while not necessarily being in love with the character and its lore.

Predwars24

I'm more of an Xbox person myself. I know people love the Playstation exclusives, but they don't have Halo or Gears of War so I easily pass on anything playstation has to offer. I will say that several games have made me want a PS4 like Kingdom Hearts Story so far, but only 3 or 4 games I want are exclusive to Ps4, all the other games aren't exclusive and I already have an Xbox so there's little to no point in getting one for just a couple games. Same with the switch too I only want Smash and Metroid Prime but if that's it that would be a waste of money. It's $300 dollars for a game console, plus more for the games and maybe another controller if need be. For me a so far ONLINE ONLY, Predator game that's made by the same people behind the glitchy Friday the 13th game that later got shadowed by games like Dead by Daylight is definitely not worth it. There is a lot of cool info coming from the game but honestly not enough to make me buy a $300 dollar console (Although Black Friday is around the corner so I may just shut up and get one anyways)

Voodoo Magic

Thanks to Hicks for sharing a twitter link to this interview:
https://www.geek.com/games/the-thrill-of-the-hunt-illfonic-on-predator-hunting-grounds-1806467/

Now what the heck does this mean???

• What can you tell me about working with Fox? What was that collaboration like?

Gerritzen: We have been working closely with Fox on the canon of it all; on where Predator: Hunting Grounds fits within the Predator universe and timelines. It was great. They opened up a lot to us. There are things we got to see that the public hasn't. They've been super open to us adding to the canon of the Predator universe. The back and forth of how that goes, it was a lot of cool nods to the previous films. We're taking our inspiration from the '87 film but then also having new things that we're bringing to the universe as well. There's going to be a lot for the fans to enjoy when this comes out.

Umm, what??? What things did they get to see in regards to canon that the public hasn't?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 08, 2019, 09:33:26 PM
https://www.geek.com/games/the-thrill-of-the-hunt-illfonic-on-predator-hunting-grounds-1806467/

• What can you tell me about working with Fox? What was that collaboration like?

Gerritzen: We have been working closely with Fox on the canon of it all; on where Predator: Hunting Grounds fits within the Predator universe and timelines. It was great. They opened up a lot to us. There are things we got to see that the public hasn't. They've been super open to us adding to the canon of the Predator universe. The back and forth of how that goes, it was a lot of cool nods to the previous films. We're taking our inspiration from the '87 film but then also having new things that we're bringing to the universe as well. There's going to be a lot for the fans to enjoy when this comes out.

Umm, what??? What things did they get to see in regards to canon that the public hasn't?

I feel like that could be taken a couple different ways.

Either they got to see something akin to a universe bible...., or theirs stuff in the pipeline they're willing to share.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 08, 2019, 11:55:03 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 08, 2019, 09:33:26 PM

Gerritzen: We have been working closely with Fox on the canon of it all; on where Predator: Hunting Grounds fits within the Predator universe and timelines. It was great. They opened up a lot to us. There are things we got to see that the public hasn't. They've been super open to us adding to the canon of the Predator universe. The back and forth of how that goes, it was a lot of cool nods to the previous films. We're taking our inspiration from the '87 film but then also having new things that we're bringing to the universe as well. There's going to be a lot for the fans to enjoy when this comes out.

I feel like that could be taken a couple different ways.

Either they got to see something akin to a universe bible...., or theirs stuff in the pipeline they're willing to share.

Based on past history and my personal doubt of the existence of such a bible, I'm thinking the latter!  :o

Kailem

It could just be stuff like unreleased concept art or rejected designs for the various movies that have never been made public, that sort of thing.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 09, 2019, 04:30:26 AM
It could just be stuff like unreleased concept art or rejected designs for the various movies that have never been made public, that sort of thing.

Hmm. Unfortunately when I think unreleased concept art and rejected designs, my mind immediately goes to the pred-monkeys and spiders. 

Still Collating...

But unreleased concept art and rejected designs have all been seen by the public/fans actually...

SuperiorIronman

I have my doubts about rejected designs seeing as we've known about the rejected items for years now. And if it's recent then it wasn't included in the art book and the only ones we don't know that much about are the cut Hybrids (I don't know why they'd play a role in this).
We also know they didn't really hang onto much of the stuff made for the films so I doubt it's anything from their archives. And if the interview with Alec Gillis (or was it Nimrod Antal?) is to be believed on here, they don't really plan much of anything going into the next film..., that is to say that they might be working on another or that there is a media push we don't know about yet.

Predator 2's 30th anniversary is next year as well as Predators 10th. So there might be something in the works that Predator: Hunting Grounds might be tying into if Illfonic got access to something we haven't seen yet. It also lines up well enough with certain release windows for content. Predators came out in July of 2010 which gives us a summer update, and Predator 2 was November giving us a fall or winter update. We know they're tying into the Predator universe with this so if I had to guess, it's probably something to do with next year's media push. Said push might be revisiting the characters or at least the setting.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 09, 2019, 12:54:02 PM
I have my doubts about rejected designs seeing as we've known about the rejected items for years now. And if it's recent then it wasn't included in the art book and the only ones we don't know that much about are the cut Hybrids (I don't know why they'd play a role in this).
We also know they didn't really hang onto much of the stuff made for the films so I doubt it's anything from their archives. And if the interview with Alec Gillis (or was it Nimrod Antal?) is to be believed on here, they don't really plan much of anything going into the next film..., that is to say that they might be working on another or that there is a media push we don't know about yet.

Predator 2's 30th anniversary is next year as well as Predators 10th. So there might be something in the works that Predator: Hunting Grounds might be tying into if Illfonic got access to something we haven't seen yet. It also lines up well enough with certain release windows for content. Predators came out in July of 2010 which gives us a summer update, and Predator 2 was November giving us a fall or winter update. We know they're tying into the Predator universe with this so if I had to guess, it's probably something to do with next year's media push. Said push might be revisiting the characters or at least the setting.

Good points.

I also hypothesize if there is a television series in development targeted for Disnox's Hulu (a destination for Predator that feels inevitable to me), this also may be the content IllFonic is seeing that the public hasn't, which relates to fitting in canon.

Disney has paid a fortune for Fox and in order to make it worth it, they need all these franchises to generate revenue. So I do expect something Predator in the works down the pike, probably for the small screen.

Kailem

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 09, 2019, 12:36:56 PM
But unreleased concept art and rejected designs have all been seen by the public/fans actually...

If they're unreleased then by definition they haven't been.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed