Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC

Started by molasar, May 09, 2019, 10:13:55 PM

Author
Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC (Read 46,657 times)

molasar

molasar

Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC

"Drop into the Predator universe through a new competitive online multiplayer experience.

Play as an elite Fireteam charged to complete paramilitary operations while a Predator mercilessly hunts you. Or, BE the Predator, armed with all the deadly alien weaponry you've grown to love and pursue your prey.

The Hunt Begins 2020."

Quote from: Kailem on May 09, 2019, 10:25:47 PM
EDIT: The Playstation Blog post about it has gone up

Kailem

Kailem

Was just coming here to post this! :D I was watching State of Play and immediately recognised those drums! This really came out of nowhere!

An asymmetrical multiplayer game with one player playing as the Predator taking on a team of soldiers, aka "pretty much exactly what a Predator multiplayer game should be".

Hopefully it's better than AvP2010's "Predator Hunt" mode, both in terms of the maps and, y'know, not having to say to hell with being stealthy and just rushing in to kill whoever you could because you only had 5 seconds left until someone else got chosen to be the Predator. Either way, I'll be checking this out for sure!

HybridNewborn

I'm excited!  :o

molasar

The Illfonic previously developed Friday the 13th: The Game in 2017. So probably we can expect something similar in this case.

Kailem

Kailem

I knew that name sounded familiar. Hopefully it's a lot less janky than Friday the 13th.

EDIT: The Playstation Blog post about it has gone up. I like that the soldier team has to accomplish their own, non-Predator-related objectives. Definitely gives it the flavour of the original film rather than just making it a straight-up team deathmatch.

Corporal Hicks

I can't lie and say I'm not bummed out it's not a big ass open-world Predator solo game, but I do like the sounds of the premise! I never really followed Friday the 13th so I'm going to have to have a gander to see how that went down.

I'm 100% surprised by the announcement, though! Never saw that coming!

Kradan

SiL

I was hoping they'd adopt this concept to Predator.

Jango1201

Sucks for me because I'm not a multiplayer person. I guess AvP 2010 will have to keep me occupied.

Praetorian Guard

I'm kinda disappointed that it isn't a single player focus game and is being done by the same company as Friday the 13th. I'm scared that this game may be either a good but short lasting game of entertainment, or it will be an all out half-assed, buggy game.

WhiteDastardly

I'm hoping there's a gear aspect to this, like leveling and detailed cosmetic customization for both the predator and Marines. God I'm so excited to witness this

D88M

So, Friday the 13th game but with the Predator, okay. The fac that this is multiplayer and made by the same team as 13th does not give me much faith honestly, but could be fun if well optimized.

Mr.Skinsuit

;D This is going to be fun but I still want a open world create your own predator monster Hunter game 🤣 loved the Friday 13th game as well great homage great fun

Komenja

Well hell, it's about time! Hasn't been a Predator-specific game (as in not AvP or a cameo/guest appearance like MKX) since what, Concrete Jungle? I haven't really been interested in these games where it's just one super-powered player versus a team of weaker players with no other match types, but I'll certainly try out a Predator one. My fanatic fanboyism demands it of me.

Huggs

Online multiplayer?

Pass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed