Does this mean no more prequels are planned?

Started by Look into my eye, May 08, 2019, 11:30:51 AM

Author
Does this mean no more prequels are planned? (Read 15,338 times)

The Old One

The Old One

QuoteA final prequel, which he will direct, is in the script phase.

Kimarhi

Quote from: bb-15 on Jun 14, 2019, 05:55:55 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 05, 2019, 02:53:20 AM
I just have a feeling that under Disney they would be more willing to reboot the entire thing than they would to continue it on its current trajectory. 

Under Disney it's all about blockbusters & not movies that make a small profit.
Disney will keep the Alien & Predator properties on hold until someone can convince them that a new film can make plenty of cash.

Quote from: David Weyland on Jun 09, 2019, 01:32:18 AM
The prequels ... the general direction perversely fits and widens the 'Alien' story and the gravitas that Ridley has brought particularly through David is thought out, well considered and I believe overall will prove to serve the franchise well as time shall show. As artworks with their tones and symbolism it's trying to expand the universe ... all I can hope ultimately is they justify the ambiguity and capatilise fully on their vision in the (at the very least, last) next prequel

You are on the right track for those of us who care about the Alien movies as serious science fiction (horror) films.
With references to 2001, Jurassic Park, classic mystery going back to Agatha Christie & classic science fiction going back to Mary Shelly, the prequels connect to the roots of "Alien" & expand on that.

;)

I wouldn't call Prometheus serious science fiction.  Unless looking at cave paintings can somehow translate to navigation coordinates for interstellar objects.

FenGiddel

Hmmmm...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 16, 2019, 03:51:59 AM
Quote from: bb-15 on Jun 14, 2019, 05:55:55 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 05, 2019, 02:53:20 AM
I just have a feeling that under Disney they would be more willing to reboot the entire thing than they would to continue it on its current trajectory. 

Under Disney it's all about blockbusters & not movies that make a small profit.
Disney will keep the Alien & Predator properties on hold until someone can convince them that a new film can make plenty of cash.

Quote from: David Weyland on Jun 09, 2019, 01:32:18 AM
The prequels ... the general direction perversely fits and widens the 'Alien' story and the gravitas that Ridley has brought particularly through David is thought out, well considered and I believe overall will prove to serve the franchise well as time shall show. As artworks with their tones and symbolism it's trying to expand the universe ... all I can hope ultimately is they justify the ambiguity and capatilise fully on their vision in the (at the very least, last) next prequel

You are on the right track for those of us who care about the Alien movies as serious science fiction (horror) films.
With references to 2001, Jurassic Park, classic mystery going back to Agatha Christie & classic science fiction going back to Mary Shelly, the prequels connect to the roots of "Alien" & expand on that.

;)

I wouldn't call Prometheus serious science fiction.  Unless looking at cave paintings can somehow translate to navigation coordinates for interstellar objects.

Burn!  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

A serious Pseudo-science fiction film  :-X

FenGiddel

But: "2 years, 4 months, 18 days, 36 hours, 15 minutes".

Evanus

16 inches fully erect, varies when it's relaxed.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm not sure any of the films in this series qualify as serious scifi. They are scifi monster movies that are a pretty light on the factual science. I think that goes for all the films imo. So i won't hold it against the prequels, i love all these films to one degree or another.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe they're talking about science fiction based on real science (physics, biology, chemistry, astronomy, etc). I know I'm going to sound like a pedant, but Prometheus it is indeed a movie based on fringe science: Pseudoarchaeology.

But the Prometheus problem is not that. It's just bad writing since there are stories that deal with similar teams but in a better way; like Lovecraftian fiction.

I never expected hard science fiction anyway, since this kind of story has its feet on the ground and rarely go too far from real science (which is boring sometimes).   

The Old One

The Old One

Absolutely right.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jun 16, 2019, 08:43:02 PM

Pffft, so what?

The Old One

The Old One

The Devil is in the detail or God is in the detail,
if you view the sequel as retroactively turning the error into a suggestion of David's "unique" nature.

Kradan

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jun 16, 2019, 08:43:02 PM

Waaaaait a minute ... I feel so dumb now  :D

FenGiddel

D88M

I sure hope they end the trilogy and disney does not ruins teh brand as it does with everything that it touches.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed