If we do not get a sequel to Covenant

Started by Huggs, May 05, 2019, 12:53:27 AM

Author
If we do not get a sequel to Covenant (Read 14,101 times)

Kradan

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 16, 2019, 11:27:52 AM
We survived Requiem and The Predator.

Just imagine yourself some decades later saying "You, new fans, don't unterstand a bit about matters you're talking ! Dammit, i survived Requiem and The Predator! Survived, bitches!"

Huggs

Quote from: Kradan on May 16, 2019, 06:32:40 PM
Dammit, i survived Requiem and The Predator! Survived, bitches!"

Which b*tches did you survive?

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Kradan on May 16, 2019, 06:32:40 PM
We survived Requiem and The Predator.

Just imagine yourself some decades later saying "You, new fans, don't unterstand a bit about matters you're talking ! Dammit, i survived Requiem and The Predator! Survived, bitches!"

*Kids today, with their logical stories and well lit cinematography

Xenomrph

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 16, 2019, 12:51:13 PM
Fox has been taken over by an evil corporation that actually knows what its doing

Considering Star Wars I disagree.
It really depends who you've got at the helm. Marvel has been kicking ass for 11 years and counting. Kathleen Kennedy ain't no Kevin Fiege.

Huggs

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 18, 2019, 03:27:11 AM
Fox has been taken over by an evil corporation that actually knows what its doing

It really depends who you've got at the helm. Marvel has been kicking ass for 11 years and counting. Kathleen Kennedy ain't no Kevin Fiege.

I don't know much about the guy, but he apparently seems concerned with both the quality of the end product and the customer.

Not political sermons and a quick cash grab.

We need somebody like that for Alien and Predator.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Huggs on May 18, 2019, 04:00:48 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 18, 2019, 03:27:11 AM

I don't know much about the guy, but he apparently seems concerned with both the quality of the end product and the customer.

That and he went into the game with an achievable long-term plan, and convinced those involved that being patient and doing the setup work would pay off big in the end. 'Avengers: Endgame' only works as well as it does because it's got a full decade and 21 movies of character building and setup behind it. Shit, the first Avengers movie only worked as well as it did because they took the time to set up each character in their own movie first.

If you try to build a franchise without having some kind of plan in place, you end up with something like the Justice League.

Highland

Davids eggs are not the same as Jockey eggs. That's how I'll roll.

Immortan Jonesy

Amen bro...without an official answer, there is no need to think that David had anything to do with the Derelict or the eggs.

SM

SM

Other than creating the eggs in the first place.

Local Trouble

But that upsets people.

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, that and the fact that David's ovomorph is slightly different from the original ones. Also, I'm afraid we need a direct connection to be sure that David's actions made it possible whatever happened on LV-426. Without that, it's just wishful thinking or fanon at best. 

SM

SM

So?

The ones at Hadley looked different to the ones on the Derelict.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Canon thread incoming.

Quote from: Huggs on May 18, 2019, 04:00:48 AM

Indeed. I already had enough of directors using these movies as a platform for something else on Prometheus and The Predator.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2019, 12:01:54 AM
So?

That upsets people.

But but! the Space Jockey, the huge cargo hold, the jockeyburster, and the eggs! don't forget the eggs!

How one can be sure that David's action had something to do with the whole thing? That is another movie/book/TV series, my friend. So yeah, without the gospel, it's still too dark to actually see what it is in the room.  :-\

Fair enough anyway.

SM

SM

As things stand eggs with facehuggers came from David at some point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed