If we do not get a sequel to Covenant

Started by Huggs, May 05, 2019, 12:53:27 AM

Author
If we do not get a sequel to Covenant (Read 14,103 times)

Huggs

Huggs

If we do not get a sequel to Covenant, how will you mentally connect the prequels with the original films? Do you think they can be connected at this point, or would you write them off completely?

Where would the films and your own head canon take you, if you were left to bridge the gap on your own?

Baron Von Marlon

I would ignore the prequel angle.

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 05, 2019, 01:05:51 AM
I would ignore the prequel angle.

So the new Scott films would just be their own universe?

Local Trouble

Flushed along with AvP to the bowels of creative bankruptcy from whence they came.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on May 05, 2019, 01:07:23 AM
So the new Scott films would just be their own universe?

Same universe. Just not officially connected.

Monster Man

There's this one series on youtube that continues on as a fanmade sequel to Covenant. They treat the engineers as servitors, bioengineered by a grander race (original jockey's) whom have also lost themselves to their own powers of creation. It rights some wrongs while not explicitly throwing away anything established thus far.

Ignoring that I imagine the last film would be an all-out war on Origae 6 between David and his Xenomorphs against the Engineers gunnin' for his ass with the colonists caught in the middle. During all this chaos David takes the time to load up one of their juggernauts for flight to another planet, however he eventually succumbs to an engineer who likewise gets blindsided by a facehugger during transit, and eventually crashing it on 426.

0321recon

If nothing comes through with a final film, well I'd disregard them like Resurrection and the AVPs and still primarily focus on the main trilogy as the core films in the franchise. 

Evanus

I'd still see them as connected to the original. I already do, why would I change my mind.. I'll just be sad because the story will never be finished.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: 0321recon on May 05, 2019, 05:20:56 AM
If nothing comes through with a final film, well I'd disregard them like Resurrection and the AVPs and still primarily focus on the main trilogy as the core films in the franchise. 

bobby brown

It would be a little bit of a shame though...At least the new movies broke new ground and tried to show us new stuff...but yeah...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 05, 2019, 02:04:43 AM
Flushed along with AvP to the bowels of creative bankruptcy from whence they came.

With 'The Predator' as a worthy addition...shall we call it "Best of the worst" anthology film series?   

Quote from: Huggs on May 05, 2019, 12:53:27 AM
If we do not get a sequel to Covenant, how will you mentally connect the prequels with the original films? Do you think they can be connected at this point, or would you write them off completely?

Where would the films and your own head canon take you, if you were left to bridge the gap on your own?

Well, on one hand...If I choose to consider Prometheus & Covenant as part of the canon, the Alien remains as something ancient (cos the Derelict).

But on the other hand...If I choose to ignore Prometheus & Covenant as part of the canon, the Alien remains as something ancient (cos the Derelict).

Won't somebody help me, please? :-\

SM

SM

Engineers got hold of some of David's eggs at some point and ultimately landed on LV-426.

Or per Advent, David stored some there and the Engineers on the Derelict find them.

The Old One

The Old One

It means the franchise ultimately has four unsuccessful prequels.
You would have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to save Ridley Scott's prequel series at this point anyway.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 06, 2019, 01:22:18 AM

Well, on one hand...If I choose to consider Prometheus & Covenant as part of the canon, the Alien remains as something ancient (cos the Derelict).

But on the other hand...If I choose to ignore Prometheus & Covenant as part of the canon, the Alien remains as something ancient (cos the Derelict).

This right here.

PsyKore

I'm not really keen on Prometheus but I love Covenant - I sort of view it as a self-contained movie and I think it's as good as the originals. It won't make a difference to me, however, if they never conclude the prequels. Of course, I'd still love to see where the story goes next, but it always feels like a gamble these days and it's not worth worrying about.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed