Dark Horse To Release Aliens vs. Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 01, 2019, 09:36:47 AM

Author
Dark Horse To Release Aliens vs. Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1 (Read 5,225 times)

Corporal Hicks

Having previously released Essential Comics Volume 1’s for both Alien and Predator, Dark Horse is now set to release Aliens vs. Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1 towards the end of the year!

Collected in one volume for the first time is the complete Machiko Noguchi/Aliens Versus Predator trilogy–over 400 pages of extraterrestrial action!

Two of cinema’s greatest monsters clash in a battle that spans the galaxy and extends across one woman’s lifetime! Machiko Noguchi’s life was altered when she was caught in the middle of a collision between a ravenous Alien horde and a hunting party of Predators. That initial conflict ended her living and hunting with the Predators for a time–until the hunters zeroed in on human prey, forcing Machiko to decide where her loyalties truly lie

It sounds like this volume will be collecting the original series, War and Three World War. If I’m not mistaken, this is actually Three World War’s first republication since it was initially collected for tradeback publication in 2011.

Aliens vs. Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1 is currently slated for release on the 29th of October and is now available for pre-order on Amazon (US only at the minute, unfortunately).

Though not yet confirmed, Dark Horse has previously confirmed on Twitter that more Essential Volumes for Alien and Predator would be on the way too. Thanks to Bradley John Suedbeck via Aliens Gateway Station for the news.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Prez

Nice. I might pick this one up as whilst I own the original Omnibus and trade of AvP (the original series), I only have Three World War in single issues.

Whiskeybrewer

Ive got all the series so i may give this a miss depending on if there are extras

Would love for DH to do a TPB of all the one shots and stuff. Because most of them are only in the Omnibuses

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping we get the original colouring in this.

Whiskeybrewer

Same actually, especially as it was the original runs for the Alien Essential comics

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 01, 2019, 10:51:42 AM
Same actually, especially as it was the original runs for the Alien Essential comics

It was the original names but I don't think they were ever reprinted in colour until that were they? The OG series' first run was in B&W.

Russ840

So this could mean no Hardcover release for the original series. In spite of the advert in the Terminator Hardcover.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2019, 10:56:59 AM

It was the original names but I don't think they were ever reprinted in colour until that were they? The OG series' first run was in B&W.

Ill have to check. I thought they might have been but then i could be wrong

Russ840

Yeah. It's the first time book one has been in colour with the original character names.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ840 on May 01, 2019, 10:59:45 AM

Yeah. It's the first time book one has been in colour with the original character names.

Ah okay, i was wrong

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on May 01, 2019, 10:58:39 AM
So this could mean no Hardcover release for the original series. In spite of the advert in the Terminator Hardcover.

We got hardbacks and Essential Volumes for both Alien and Predator so I don't think it's hopeless.

Russ840

True. But quite some time apart. And hardcovers first.

But you are right. I have seen stranger things happen with collected editions in the past.

T Dog

I wonder what approach they are going to take for Aliens Essential Volume 2. Is it just going to follow the same collections as the omnibuses.

Corporal Hicks

It's up on the Dark Horse website: https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3002-647/Aliens-vs-Predator-The-Essential-Comics-Volume-1-TPB

We know for certain it's collecting 3WW now.

QuoteTwo of cinema's greatest monsters clash in a battle that spans the galaxy and extends across one woman's lifetime!  Collected in one volume for the first time is the complete Machiko Noguchi/Aliens Versus Predator trilogy--over 400 pages of extraterrestrial action! Collects the original AvP series, AvP: War, and AvP: Three World War.

Russ840

I may bite. Nice to have all of Machiko's stories in one place.

How are the builds for these book. Can anyone post up some pics of the two we currently have. Spine pics. Back covers and what not.

It would be appropriated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed