Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 158,477 times)

[cancerblack]

Mild anxiety over not having pre-ordered yet. That last Prodos sale kinda f**ked up my disposable.

Quote from: Monster Man on Jul 08, 2019, 11:58:17 PM
Currently I'm running this for my crew and everyones liking thus far. Although I gotta say, this ain't no 4-5 hour module, it's been two long sessions with a third one coming up.

How genre savvy are they being?

Kailem

The Old One

Looking good, I can't wait to see the rest of the entries on the Alien.

Monster Man

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 16, 2019, 09:53:37 PM
Mild anxiety over not having pre-ordered yet. That last Prodos sale kinda f**ked up my disposable.

Currently I'm running this for my crew and everyones liking thus far. Although I gotta say, this ain't no 4-5 hour module, it's been two long sessions with a third one coming up.

Only a couple are acting like this. While everyone else is playin' into the role of a horror movie character. It's like a weird mix of prequel goofiness and the survival mindset of the originals.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Monster Man on Jul 24, 2019, 08:50:39 AM

Only a couple are acting like this. While everyone else is playin' into the role of a horror movie character. It's like a weird mix of prequel goofiness and the survival mindset of the originals.

Hmm, prolly not the players dragging it out then. Though I do find sometimes I need to introduce an Aliens style "reactors f**ked, you have this long" or equivalent in the third act to really get players moving if they're being stubborn on the whole, not getting eaten front.

Monster Man

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 24, 2019, 10:14:20 PM

Hmm, prolly not the players dragging it out then. Though I do find sometimes I need to introduce an Aliens style "reactors f**ked, you have this long" or equivalent in the third act to really get players moving if they're being stubborn on the whole, not getting eaten front.

These kinda things work themselves out when your crew realize
Spoiler
there's nothing left on this ship to perpetuate their survival. Once the Montero goes off, they bring all they can but that's it. Eventually they will run outta food and equipment to deal with the nasties. If there is any chance, it's in repairing the engines along with whatever else is giving problems.
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Monster Man on Jul 24, 2019, 11:00:15 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 24, 2019, 10:14:20 PM

These kinda things work themselves out when your crew realize
Spoiler
there's nothing left on this ship to perpetuate their survival. Once the Montero goes off, they bring all they can but that's it. Eventually they will run outta food and equipment to deal with the nasties. If there is any chance, it's in repairing the engines along with whatever else is giving problems.
[close]

Fair enough.

Finally gunna pre-order on Tuesday. Last minute, as always.

Corporal Hicks

Pre-order date has extended to the 11th of August.

The Old One

Excellent, I'm really glad.

Mr. Clemens

This hasn't been mentioned by anybody here yet, but there's a new incentive for pre-ordering, which ends tomorrow:

QuoteHello! This is the thirteenth official newsletter for the upcoming ALIEN tabletop RPG by Free League Publishing and Twentieth Century Fox.

The exclusive pre-order of the game over at ALIEN-RPG.COM ends this Sunday August 11, so hurry over there now if you didn't order the game already - and tell your friends if you already did! There will not be another extension of the pre-order, so this is your last chance to gain early access to the 168-page Cinematic Starter Kit PDF and get those awesomely priced bundles!

To spice things up we have added two more pre-order bonuses:

A PDF of a complete 58-page chapter of the full rulebook, called "A Hard Life Amongst the Stars" will be shared shortly with all who have pre-ordered the game. This chapter focuses on space travel, starships and space combat, and gives you some insight into how the ALIEN roleplaying can be about much more than fightning xenomorphs. Note that this is just a sneak peek - the chapter is still not fully edited and proofed - if you spot errors in it, please do report them using the feedback form or on our forums.

All pre-order bundles have now - at no extra cost - been expanded with a bonus 48-page printed booklet, featuring the Chariot of the Gods scenario by Andrew E.C. Gaska, included in the Starter Kit PDF. The booklet will shipped to you along with the 392-page core rulebook and the other bundle items. Chariot was originally intended be included in the core rulebook, but it's simply too extensive for that, and we feel it's more user-friendly to publish it as its own book. The core rulebook will instead include the shorter introductory scenario Hope's Last Day. Note that the Chariot of the Gods booklet is of course included for everyone who pre-orders a bundle, even if you pre-ordered before this announcement.

I just downloaded my copy of the new chapter, and it looks good!  ;D

The Old One

Yes!!!!!!

Xiggz456

Preorder ends today so I caved and bought the standard bundle. Never played an rpg like this but I'm intrigued by the world building aspects.

The Old One

Indeed, I am most curious about it myself.

Corporal Hicks

https://frialigan.se/en/games/alien/?downloads

Download section with some maps, sheets (printer-friendly versions) and wallpapers of that awesome art!

Mr. Clemens

Nice! Thanks for that. Gonna seem like Christmas morning when these materials arrive, bought and paid for!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed