Alien Faces too long and mouths too big

Started by warneford87, Sep 27, 2007, 08:59:04 PM

Author
Alien Faces too long and mouths too big (Read 5,693 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

A lot of people really took to her prancing around as a CG monster...I wasn't one of them. I think the design is nice, but something about how exaggerated her legs are really puts me off. If they would have just made her look less like a Jurrasic Park ripoff, it could have worked just dandy. As it stands, the only scenes with her after she frees herself that I like are where her legs can't be seen.

That Yellow Alien

I enjoyed the Queen in AVP.

Plokoon111

I enjoyed the queen as well, she was just to tall IMHO.

vehtam

Quote from: SiL on Nov 24, 2007, 03:43:35 AM
Like I said, if they'd got a few key aspects right I'd be loving this movie. But they didn't.

same here. to be honest if only the creatures would be done right, i think i would be satisfied with everything there and would closed my eyes at every major flaw of this movie instantly i guess, because i like the slaher gore movie take on this in some way. but adi designs fu*ks up everything pretty well, and from production stills, real pics and actual footage monsters are unfortunately laughable.

Weasel

They have long snouts from the side IMO, but other than that I don't find the design that horrible. Sure its not as good as the original, but then again, what is.

vehtam

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 24, 2007, 09:25:55 AM
Sure its not as good as the original, but then again, what is.

aliens design, alien3 design, and even alien resurrection design, if you accept the unnatural mutation of human and alien dna concpet.

Dr. Wren

I kinda like the design, it's original, and prolly one of the largest changes we've seen yet.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

Quote from: warneford87 on Sep 27, 2007, 08:59:04 PM
Why o why do they keep using the rubbish alien design from Alien Resurrection (even if it has a ridged head this time)? One look at the poster and you can see the alien looks all wrong, like it has an elongated snout and it's mouth is all baggy.
Will these people ever learn?

and the teeth are 2mm too long and the tails are too short....give me a break.  if you dont like the alien design, dont go see the movie.  

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 24, 2007, 09:25:55 AM
They have long snouts from the side IMO, but other than that I don't find the design that horrible. Sure its not as good as the original, but then again, what is.

I miss that Alien design in your sig

Weasel

;)

Personally I think this is one of those fanboy thing. Casual viewers won't notice.

SiL

This is true.

I'd love to see Giger's Alien (design wise) go up against a Winston Predator. It'd be the single most beautiful monster mash in the long fun history of monster mashes.

Weasel

I miss the hands. While not deadly looking as the 'claw' hands, I think they are way more cool looking.

SiL

They remind me of Klaus Kinski in Herzog's remake of Nosferatu. Although to be honest, I don't think there's a single Alien design where I've been too crash-hot on the hands. The shot in the vents of the Alien...

Weasel

I never thought the hands were all that bad (aside from A:R)

SiL

I think Alien 3 had some pretty consistently well done hands. But then they went supersized and ruined it :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed