User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alien: Alone – Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films  (Read 9613 times)

Highland
May 01, 2019, 06:33:51 AM
Reply #135 on: May 01, 2019, 06:33:51 AM
Q
Finally got around to giving this a second viewing.

Only real complaint I can muster is that the music at the very end struck me as really out-of-place, which is disappointing because otherwise the score is by far the best from any of these shorts.

Other than that, this was really very good. Excellent performance from the lead. Without question the most thought-provoking of the six.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the model shots. Sure, they may have looked kinda hokey, but man did I get a kick out of them. Reminded me of oldschool Red Dwarf ;D

I used the exact same description in another thread. I really didn't like the hugger shots. Say what you like about it, but the facehugger just sitting there is off. Maybe if it was scurrying around, or sitting dormant I could buy it. The short was ok, I just though that aspect of it wasn't really well executed.

Corporal Hicks
May 01, 2019, 12:03:51 PM
Reply #136 on: May 01, 2019, 12:03:51 PM
Q
Noah Miller on the Making of Alien: Alone

Rounding out the release of the Alien short films on Alien Day, the sixth and final installment is Noah Miller’s Alien: Alone. A fan among fans, Noah brings his deep knowledge of the canon and obsessive attention to detail to his film, which follows Hope and her solo journey aboard the Otranto. This foreboding tale is a reverent nod to the gothic horror genre with an interesting twist that fans are going crazy for.

SiL
May 03, 2019, 03:35:19 AM
Reply #141 on: May 03, 2019, 03:35:19 AM
Q
They mention who made the facehugger somewhere, wasn't Odd studio.

Corporal Hicks
May 03, 2019, 06:12:30 AM
Reply #142 on: May 03, 2019, 06:12:30 AM
Q
Noah mentioned it in our interview. I believe it was a company called Raptor House.

The Cruentus
May 03, 2019, 10:01:53 AM
Reply #143 on: May 03, 2019, 10:01:53 AM
Q
Watched this recently, not bad at all, interesting premise, glad they used a practical effects for the hugger as the cgi versions, especially in the last short don't really look too good. I agree with what have said about the A:I but the movies have shown A:I as being somewhat emotive, Call and David being the worst offenders.
I think one part that lets it down a little is the impregnation scene, they could have just from cut from when he got knocked out to just showing him wiith a hugger on him. Instead the scene shows issue with the practical effect of the creature walking and the android having to hold it on him. Other than that, I enjoyed this one.

I can't recall if it was stated in the short but I wonder how long was the ship drifting for, the android needed maintence and power yet David was "fine" after being alone for over ten years.

HuDaFuK
May 03, 2019, 10:12:19 AM
Reply #144 on: May 03, 2019, 10:12:19 AM
Q
Instead the scene shows issue with the practical effect of the creature walking and the android having to hold it on him.

I assumed that had something to do with the fact the Facehugger was dying, so she had to help it through the process.

I can't recall if it was stated in the short but I wonder how long was the ship drifting for, the android needed maintence and power yet David was "fine" after being alone for over ten years.

David was Weyland's personal prototype, it's not entirely unreasonable to assume he was constructed to a higher standard than the presumably mass-produced Hope.

The Cruentus
May 03, 2019, 10:16:37 AM
Reply #145 on: May 03, 2019, 10:16:37 AM
Q
Instead the scene shows issue with the practical effect of the creature walking and the android having to hold it on him.

I assumed that had something to do with the fact the Facehugger was dying, so she had to help it through the process.

David was Weyland's personal prototype, it's not entirely unreasonable to assume he was constructed to a higher standard than the presumably mass-produced Hope.

Oh I understand it was dying, it just looked funny when she was holding it to the guy's face.

Yeah that is a good point as well

Corporal Hicks
May 03, 2019, 10:18:12 AM
Reply #146 on: May 03, 2019, 10:18:12 AM
Q
A bit of leg tightening would have helped that scene a lot I think.

SiL
May 05, 2019, 09:45:11 AM
Reply #148 on: May 05, 2019, 09:45:11 AM
Q
Nice to see the mechanics of the facehugger! From some of the BTS shots I thought it was a hand puppet :P

Highland
May 05, 2019, 11:49:40 AM
Reply #149 on: May 05, 2019, 11:49:40 AM
Q
I prefer the original design/colours, but good effort still.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed