Alien: Alone – Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2019, 07:06:12 PM

Author
Alien: Alone – Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films (Read 33,845 times)

Corporal Hicks

Noah Miller on the Making of Alien: Alone

QuoteRounding out the release of the Alien short films on Alien Day, the sixth and final installment is Noah Miller's Alien: Alone. A fan among fans, Noah brings his deep knowledge of the canon and obsessive attention to detail to his film, which follows Hope and her solo journey aboard the Otranto. This foreboding tale is a reverent nod to the gothic horror genre with an interesting twist that fans are going crazy for.

The Old One

The Old One

Heh, a portion, yes.
Two kinds of crazy.

[cancerblack]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Odd Studio puppet?

SiL

They mention who made the facehugger somewhere, wasn't Odd studio.

Corporal Hicks

Noah mentioned it in our interview. I believe it was a company called Raptor House.

The Cruentus

Watched this recently, not bad at all, interesting premise, glad they used a practical effects for the hugger as the cgi versions, especially in the last short don't really look too good. I agree with what have said about the A:I but the movies have shown A:I as being somewhat emotive, Call and David being the worst offenders.
I think one part that lets it down a little is the impregnation scene, they could have just from cut from when he got knocked out to just showing him wiith a hugger on him. Instead the scene shows issue with the practical effect of the creature walking and the android having to hold it on him. Other than that, I enjoyed this one.

I can't recall if it was stated in the short but I wonder how long was the ship drifting for, the android needed maintence and power yet David was "fine" after being alone for over ten years.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 03, 2019, 10:01:53 AMInstead the scene shows issue with the practical effect of the creature walking and the android having to hold it on him.

I assumed that had something to do with the fact the Facehugger was dying, so she had to help it through the process.

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 03, 2019, 10:01:53 AMI can't recall if it was stated in the short but I wonder how long was the ship drifting for, the android needed maintence and power yet David was "fine" after being alone for over ten years.

David was Weyland's personal prototype, it's not entirely unreasonable to assume he was constructed to a higher standard than the presumably mass-produced Hope.

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 03, 2019, 10:12:19 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 03, 2019, 10:01:53 AMInstead the scene shows issue with the practical effect of the creature walking and the android having to hold it on him.

I assumed that had something to do with the fact the Facehugger was dying, so she had to help it through the process.

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 03, 2019, 10:01:53 AMI can't recall if it was stated in the short but I wonder how long was the ship drifting for, the android needed maintence and power yet David was "fine" after being alone for over ten years.

David was Weyland's personal prototype, it's not entirely unreasonable to assume he was constructed to a higher standard than the presumably mass-produced Hope.

Oh I understand it was dying, it just looked funny when she was holding it to the guy's face.

Yeah that is a good point as well

Corporal Hicks

A bit of leg tightening would have helped that scene a lot I think.

Corporal Hicks

SiL

Nice to see the mechanics of the facehugger! From some of the BTS shots I thought it was a hand puppet :P

Highland

I prefer the original design/colours, but good effort still.

The Cruentus

The practical effects was a welcome change since quite a few of the alien effects in previous shorts seemed to be mostly cgi.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed