How Would You Reboot Aliens vs. Predator?

Started by Number13, Apr 15, 2019, 09:35:27 PM

Author
How Would You Reboot Aliens vs. Predator? (Read 2,308 times)

Huggs

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 25, 2019, 12:47:58 AM
Whatever, I really don't enjoy talking to you, so I'm gonna ignore you now.

Are you James Cameron?

Samhain13

Something loosely based on AVP2. Planet full of aliens with WY facilities. Marine squad is sent to the planet, they investigate the aftermatch of the aliens overruning the place with a Predator hunting party added to the mix.

Each species has a "main character" that survives at the end.  Lots of fights between the 3 species, marine main character with massive gains kills Queen and escapes the planet, last Predator defeats the movie's villain some Rykov like guy before leaving, despite the lost of their Queen the alien hive wins the battle on the planet making everyone else run.

Naginata

Just film the goddamn comic. I don't know why they didn't just do that to begin with.

I mean, sure, adapt freely - switch things around, edit, delete, whatever - make it work as a movie rather than a comic... But stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Number13

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 25, 2019, 01:10:56 AM

Are you James Cameron?

As much as I like being compared to the guy who made my all time favorite movie, Aliens, I'm sure that's meant to be an insult because I don't see how the reply you quoted makes me comparable to Cameron. Maybe it's because I'm autistic that I don't get it.

If I was Cameron, would I be making bad 3D animated Aliens, Predator, and AVP movies? Which I got no lucky sharing them here. (Shrugs)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 25, 2019, 02:15:26 PM

Are you James Cameron?

As much as I like being compared to the guy who made my all time favorite movie, Aliens, I'm sure that's meant to be an insult because I don't see how the reply you quoted makes me comparable to Cameron. Maybe it's because I'm autistic that I don't get it.

If I was Cameron, would I be making bad 3D animated Aliens, Predator, and AVP movies? Which I got no lucky sharing them here. (Shrugs)

He's making fun of Cameron, not you. Chill out bro.

judge death

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 25, 2019, 02:20:34 PM
Quote from: Number13 on Apr 25, 2019, 02:15:26 PM

Are you James Cameron?

He's making fun of Cameron, not you. Chill out bro.
Hard to tell, can be taken both ways I would say, especially if one dont know about how cameron behaved during filming in some movies. :P

Huggs

Huggs

Oh for heaven's sake.

I was poking fun at Cameron.

No offense was meant.

Wysps

There's always Rodriguez' first Predator sequel script that we can play around with - I'm sure no one would tell a difference if half the predators were replaced with aliens  :laugh: Jk jk jk

yautjapet

I'd love to see a proper adaptation of AvP: Prey. I know aspects of it were used for the AvP movie, so it's unlikely we'd see such a similar take - but then again, it was fifteen years ago, and by the time they got around to rebooting it it would be pushing twenty. Not too close together to do it, IMO. Unlike some fans, I dig pred/human team-ups, and both Dachande and Machiko are solid interesting characters. It's not set on Earth, so that feels fresh and different, plus it gets us away from the same old soldiers/cops formula.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: yautjapet on Apr 26, 2019, 05:09:01 PM
I'd love to see a proper adaptation of AvP: Prey. I know aspects of it were used for the AvP movie, so it's unlikely we'd see such a similar take - but then again, it was fifteen years ago, and by the time they got around to rebooting it it would be pushing twenty. Not too close together to do it, IMO. Unlike some fans, I dig pred/human team-ups, and both Dachande and Machiko are solid interesting characters. It's not set on Earth, so that feels fresh and different, plus it gets us away from the same old soldiers/cops formula.

I think the first AvP may have f**ked it for us. I've got no problem with the original Machiko team-up because it feels earned, but the movie just treats it as an expected trope it needs to tick off and is what most people know.

Number13

Some of you have said to just adapt the first AVP comic or second AVP game, but where's the fun in that? I was hoping for people being a little more creative. But who am I to talk, I adapted a lot of stories. I just know that when I wrote my AVP stories, I didn't want to adapt something that has already been done, of course I didn't mind borrowing a few ideas. But maybe I'm too cocky, maybe I'm no better at doing an AVP reboot, to quote my favorite documentary "everyone starts off trying to do good" no one wants to make a bad movie. It's like Green Lantern, they thought it would be a good movie, but obviously they were wrong, which is why Ryan Reynolds has no problem with poking fun at it in Deadpool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed